cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adapter Specific Identifiers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are using a File to XML scenario with BPM (Integration Process); wherein the file is read from a certain directory in our PI box and is written to another directory there. We are working on NW2004s XI(PI). We have created the business system corresponding to our Integration server in ID. The adapter specific identifiers are set automatically. Now, we have defined a business service that takes care of the outbound delivery of the message and the inbound capture of the message. We know that we need to put in the Adapter Specific identifiers in this service, but as this is already configured automatically for the Business system..we can not assign it to the service. <b>Can anyone suggest,what is the way out of this puzzle?</b> I mean, there must be some way whereby the adapter specific identifiers assignment can be overridden.What is it? Any ideas,anyone?

Thanks in anticipation

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amitabha,

I am also facing the same problem. Let me know if you find some solution for that. I am trying to finish IDOC->File scenario with ackowledgement. Even i have the same requirement of overriding adapter specific identifiers of the service. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

sudheer.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amitabha,

Adapter specific Identifiert means "logical System Name", what is only relevant 4 IDoc communication to SAP systems, not for HTTP 2 3rd Party. So you can ignore the entries. You can configure the "logical System Name" at Bus System of SLD or at IB Direcory Service/Adapter specific Identifier.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

Thanks for the enlightening points. See we have been making a basic mistake. I have awarded you points...but still my question is pertinent as the scenario I described is only half of the story and <b>In practice, we are implementing some File-to-IDoc scenarios; and in that case, Adapter-specific-identifiers are a big deal to handle</b>. Can you throw up some light on that issue? I mean,<b> how to incorporate the adapter-specific-identifiers in the case of XI-to-SAP communication...mapping the xml to IDoc?</b>

Awaiting reply.

Best Regards,

Amitabha

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Also Check out this SAP Note:

Note 792333 - IDoc adapter: converting partners

Regards,

Ashish

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amitabha,

adapter specific identifier (IB Directory) or Logical System Names (SLD) correspond with partner agreements of SAP systems. Look for Logical System Names in Transaction SALE, look for agreements in WE20. You can customize your XI Business Systems, so that they will be able to work with agreements of R/3. For that reason you ve to give them the right names. If this is not possible (for example you cant give 2 ccBPM the same name), choose any name, fill IDoc element EDI_DC40 in the mapping and use the check boxes from IDoc Adapter (take receiver/sender from payload).

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can. though I have not done this myself.

check here for an eg.

Regards

Vijaya