cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to register a J2EE engine at the SLD?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are running the JDI on our development server. The J2EE engine of development is registered at the SLD of this server as well.

My question is: At which case I need to register the the production server on the SLD as well, what does it give me and how do I do it?

Thank yoy in advance,

Roy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

How to do it:

1. Log on to VA using Admin id

2. Go to Server -> Services -> SDL data supplier

3. In the HTTP Settings tab enter the host port user id and password

4. On the top right you have a button for trigger data transfer to SLD. (An arrow)

5. Since you are here also make the settings in CIM Client Generation tab. Same as above. This is required by Webdynpro Content Administrator i believe.

Before the above can be carried out you need to ensure that SLD post installation activities have been carried out.

You need to log on to SLD and start the SLD server and also start the data supplier bridge.

This is all automatically done if you just click on carry out initial config.

Regards

Sidharth Deshpande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the technical answer Sidharth.

Regarding the CIM Client, I don't think it is related to Dynpro but much larger concept, if at this chance someone could shade some light on this subjust it could be great. I know it is part of the JDI configuration and I know it contains some SAP models but what exactely it does and needed for I too don't know...

Now to the conceptual question I have mentioned before: I is it recommended to manage everything under one SLD? After all, each server (development, test and production) by default comes with it's own SLD...

Regards,

Roy

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

For SLD management there is a guide available on service marketplace i believe. i will try to find the link and post it here.

Then we can carry forward the discussion of whether single SLD and multiple SLD's are better.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

10X Sidharth.

In the meantime back to the technical issue:

I went to the VA of the production server and when I click on the SLD Data Supplier service I receive this error:

-

Error while loading service SLD Data Supplier

com.sap.engine.services.adminadapter.exception.AdminException: com/sap/sldserv/ServiceManagementInterface (Truncated class file)

-

On the development portal it is working fine.

Any idea why?

Regards,

Roy

Jordan_Stanchev
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm not sure how helpful that is in this case, but still you can doublecheck the steps you have to take <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/ea/cd2e807e0e45bf9da67354f452fc05/frameset.htm">here</a>.

Is the SLD server up and running?

Regards, Jordan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I was able to solve it by restarting the engine, perhaps somethings was hanging or stuck.

Anyway, back to the concept discussion: I now have one SLD (on the development server) which has two technical Systems registered inside it - The development server and the production server.

My question here: What do I do from here, i.e:

1. Do I manage everything at this SLD for both servers?

2. Do I need to use and configure the SLD on production?

Regards,

Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you setup your runtime systems properly (configure the SLD Data Supplier for Java systems or use transaction RZ70 for ABAP systems) then the SLD is maintained by the systems themselves.

You could setup multiple SLDs to reflect the landscape stages in your organization. ie. Dev, Test, Prod. This way you can prevent the Production SLD from being cluttered by Development and/or Test systems. The downside is that for example your Web Dynpro's on Dev systems cannot connect to Test or Production systems and the other way around. (Sometimes you may want to have this ability).