Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebDynpro in portal "Dynamic Navigation" and Firefox doesn't work well

joker2022
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm trying to run a Webdynpro / Java application in the SAP Portal's "dynamic navigation" area.

While the application works fine with IE6, the Firefox browser is not able to display the WD application with the correct height. The application changes it's height, dedending on the (changing) content to display.

The Firefox browser shows the "dynamic navigation" area always with the height of 150 pixels.

I've checked the iViews settings, the framework page settings and everything else I could imagine as the reason for this. Now I'm out of ideas. Do you have any hints how to fix this?

Thanks in advance

Achim

Using NWAS 7.0 SPS9 on Win64, Firefox 1.5 (and Firefox 2.0) from WinXPSP2

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Open OSS message (BC-WD-UR).

Armin

joker2022
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

thanks for your answer. Can you confirm that it "should do"? Maybe I'm missing something here...

anyway, thank you

Achim

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't have the exact info which Web Dynpro release should support which browsers, but the two main supported browsers are IE6/7 and Firefox. So if you find things that do not work correctly in Firefox, please open an OSS message.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Webdynpro framework (and SAP portal too) supports only IE.

joker2022
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

thanks for your answer. But I'm quite sure that the Portal supports Firefox 1.x, as stated in the PAM http://service.sap.com/PAM.

There is the Firefox browser (1.0 and 1.5) listed as "supported browser" for WebDynpro / Java as well as for Portal technology.

best regards

Achim