cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order assignment to WBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, Can somebody tell me Where a Sales order is assigned to a WBS element?

Somebody said, it is assigned to WBS element Field in <i>Item details>>Account assignment</i> Tab. But in this tab page on Sales Order screen, I am not able to see WBS Element field.

Can somebody tell me where exactly is this done?

best Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess that service material is not created with value for all "desired fields", escpecially FI-CO fields (check cost-center )

Compare the material with any other service material (which has no problems)

Thanks,

Ashish Mohapatra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Change your delivering plant for new material. Use exact plant used for the old one.

we_penning
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to use a requirements class that is relevant to account assignement for projects (for instance requirements class 091). The requirements class is determined by the requirements type. The requirements type is determined by item category and planning type.

hope this helps,

if so plz reward points

regards

Pim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Double-Click on any item in sales order. Go to account assignment view. The "WBS element" is below "Profit Center".

Thanks,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Thats what is my problem. That Fiels doesnt appear there. Under "profit Centre" field, I see Profit Segment with Side arrow clicking option. When I click that option, it takes to 2 more screens and finally says "No operating concern has been assigned to Controlling area". But no sign of WBS screens anywhere

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this appearing when you try to save sales order? Are able to save sales order in any case?

> Hi Ashish,

> Thats what is my problem. That Fiels doesnt appear

> there. Under "profit Centre" field, I see Profit

> Segment with Side arrow clicking option. When I click

> that option, it takes to 2 more screens and finally

> says "No operating concern has been assigned to

> Controlling area". But no sign of WBS screens anywhere

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI Ashish

Now The WBS element field appears in <i>Account Assignment</i> tab on Sales order screen when I entered an order with <b>Finished Material</b>. But it was not appearing for my other material yesterday as it was created as Service Material with MMS1 transaction code. Now I am trying to drill down to know the difference. can you add some more suggestion please

Former Member
0 Kudos

WBS is nothing but Work Breakdown Structure. It is mainly used in Project System (PS) module. Tcode : CJ20N

For any project defined we must have atleast one WBS. Within this WBS we can have networks. Networks are nothing but the series of activities. Material are used to perform the activities.

To explain in detail just consider one example:

Govt of india wants to have Roads to be build through out the india. So Project can be defined in sap as "Connectivity".

WBS can be roads within different states like Roads for Gujarat, Karnataka etc.. i.e. WBS Gujarat, WBS Karnataka etc.

We can define different networks for these WBS like Road Between Ahmedabad to Surat or Between Bangalore to Belgham.

For this network we can have many activities like Land selection, Land Preparation, Road Building, Final finishing etc etc.

Project Systems comes into play only when the industry's business is based on projects like... Construction companies, Engineer to Order scenarios. You may not see anyone using PS module for retail business. As explained in that example, you have a main project which is broken down into WBS elements. You can use the TC CJ20N to create the project and the WBS elements. Each WBS may have mutiple Networks associated and each Network may have multiple Network Activities as explained in the example .

On the Sales Order, if your client is implementing PS module, you may have to attach the Sales Order to the WBS element it belongs to. WBS element is nothing but a bucket where all the activities belonging to that particular part of the project are captured. In the example, WBS Gujurat will tell you how many Sales Orders were created for the Gujurat sector, howmuch was spent on raw materials, what's the currect stock ([roject stock) available. How many Production Orders have been confirmed and howmany of them are getting confrmed in the future. How many invoices have been generated or how much revenue has been generated for that particular sector. How many deliveries have been made, what deliverables are still not accomplished.

So as you can see, PS is the center stage for all the modules that are being implemented like FI/CO, SD, MM, PP in this example. You can have cost centers and work centers defined. You can also have profit centers assigned at the plant level and get reports on varius selection criteria.

In a complete cycle of PS, like in reality, you initiate a project, you confirm/release the WBS/activities as per requirement, you execute the project and you close it.

One cannot initiate an activity unless it has been released by the project manager. Everything is accountable here and every dime is counted and at the end you know howmuch did you spend or make on each sector (WBS). Dont get confused with the term sector here... I am using it just for the explaination purposes.

I hope this should help you at least a bit. I'm not a PS consultant so I may not know a whole lot but trying going to CJ20N and you will see a lot yourself.