cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW Developer studio question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have two really simple questions that I haven't found any answers to.

We are looking to install NW Developer studio on a sandbox system for learning webdynpro, and the questions are.

1) If you have more than one NW system, and you open the Developer Studio do you get a choice of which system you deploy your code onto?

2) Presently you can see the SAP source code for standard dynpro's, so if you want't to modify a screen you can do so with a sscr key. How do you modify a standard SAP webdynpro, can you choose the SAP system and webdynpro you want to modify, register the screen and then change it. Or is there no way to modify standard SAP webdynpros' any more.

I orignially trialed the 6.30 sneak preview and the answers weren't obvious then either.

Hope somebody can shed some light on this for me.

Best Regards

Ed Mellodew

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.) You do this in windows > preferences > SAP J2EE Engine.

2.) SAP does not provide any standard webdynpros. It wouldn't make sense to want to modify the core libraries as the ones deployed on the server are not the same as those of the NW Dev Studio when you compile.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tomas,

Thanks for the answers, but I am still slightly puzzled by the second one.

It is my impression that SAP are in the process of migrating all the standards SAP dynpros (such as transaction VA01, MM01 etc) so that they share the one uniform user interface, i.e. SAP Enterprise Portals. To do this will they not need to re-write them as Web Dynpro's and view then through the portal interface?

This is what I don't quite understand. If SAP are doing this then how do you modify/customise those transactions any more?

Thanks

Ed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edward

Yes SAP provides standard Web Dynpros for some of the Business functionality like ESS,MSS, CATS etc . Some of them comes as Portal Business packages. I am not aware if your require a key to modify standard Web Dynpros ,you should be able to modify without it. But upon upgrade of the Business package you will lose your changes.Although I am not double sure, my guess on the procedure on how to modify this would be:

Create a development component in your namespace and copy the cfg,def,Model Folder,src,test and .dcdef(make sure the component name and the reserved namespace has been changed to yours) from the SAP provided component to yours.After this you will have an exact replica of the SAP component in your new space. This will ensure that upgrades dont overwrite your components. But then upgrades wont bring any new features either

Regards

Pran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will the changes be "lost" if you use the JDI when changing WebDynpro contect via the NDS?

I would hope the changes would be identified via a tool like SPAU and SPDD reports that are provided in R/3.

I have made many changes to the ESS business package and have started making changes to the CRM business package.

This is so much better than my past development with ITS. I am currently making the back end (R/3) validations using the various provided classes provided by SAP.

Very interesting work....

John Stark

Answers (0)