Acitvating debugging in developer studio
Hi We are running WAS 640 EP6 SP9 and Developer Studio version Version: 2.0.9
I have read the document on how to activate debugging for our J2EE Application.
We cannot activate debugging, Any ideas, We are running on the Sneak Preview of WAS 640.
Abdul Razack replied
First you have to make the engine debuggable and assign it a port. To do this you have to perform the following steps
1. Open the configtool by running the configtool.bat under your C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\j2ee\configtool directory.
2. Once the window opens up expand the instance_IDxxx node and click on server. On the right hand panel go to the debug tab
3. make sure the debuggable check box is checked and a free port is assigned (by default it is 50021).
4. Restart the server.
5. Now go to your project and click on the icon debug as.
6. Pick the kind of project you want to debug and click run. (don't forget to put a breakpoint in your code by double clicking on the first column)