cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys

I would like to transfer here a burn in Abap General forum. I believe It can be interesting for both of us.

Max

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well...there used to be (don't know if there still is or not) a TV program where people were assigned chores (comedy sketches) and were awarded points. But the point about the points was that "the points don't matter".

Now, points are nice to accumulate, but none of the stores around here will trade pairs of shoes or groceries for them, so it's kind of the same situation.

Having said that however, my issue is with people who post questions and then don't bother to respond in any way with what they felt was the best solution. In a case where totally different approaches are suggested, it would really be nice to know what the original poster thought.

I'd put a freeze on users who don't make the effort to do one or the other.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gr8 work,

Let us form Groups based on the Points, Lets say Person having more than 5,000 points is a decision maker, he can check the forum for unallocated points and allocate the points, it is something like voting the Best Answer/s. This one i observed in Yahoo Answers, we can also follow the same here...

Thanks & Regards:-

Santosh.D

anversha_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please open up your sugestions.

Regards

Anver

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My 2 cents.

I somehow feel that most of the people who don't award points to answers are either ignorant about the points system or being cynical in the sense that "what these points get these people?" They stil do not appeciate that people who answer do it just because they like it and not for any other tangible benifits.

I suggest that sdn should take an initiative to let people what this points system is all about.)

REgards,

ravi

anversha_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

check this sample thread.

This is happened today...not a single point to any of the answers.

<u>

Most of the cases are like this

Regards

Anver

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have also a look at /people/eddy.declercq/blog/2006/05/19/from-the-grumpy-old-man-the-points-of-no-return for my concerns.

It's not all about points though:

/people/eddy.declercq/blog/2006/07/21/from-the-grumpy-old-man-sdn-kindergarten

Eddy

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with Ravi.. they are either ignorant or don't care.. they will probably learn over a period of time.. SDN has already done its bit by putting the sticky posts & most people have the reminder in their signature anyway... probably a <b>count of open posts</b> on the left hand side would give an indication about the person who posts a new question..

Also, people who put the reminder (about points) in their signature could probably have it right at the beginning..

One other option could be to put the reminder as a button (similar to the Quote Original) on the Message Box that opens up for Reply.. People who answer would then have a choice to remind the person who posted the question...

~Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with Suresh, several posts are left with status unknown, let there be a method to discard members who do not respect their fellow members.

1. List of Count of open posts be displayed against each member

2. List of No of points awarded to members with their names, be accessible for every one, this can end the menace of same person awarding points to a particular person.

Venugopal