cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetWeaver Developer Studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am trying to setup and learn Web Dynpro. I have WAS 6.3 SP7 and MAXDB v7.5 on the server. I have also install NWDS 2.0.3 standalone on my system.

I would like to know how do I setup my system and deploy my programs? I have already create 'My First Web Dynpro' ,but I do not know how to deploy and test my program. Can anyone help out? Thanks.

Regards,

Conrad Chia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Conrad,

in addtion so Subramanian, please take care to always use the NWDS version corresponding to your J2EE WAS version. So when using WAS J2EE SP7 (this is 6.4, not 6.3), use NWDS 2.0.7.

Hope it helps

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys, thanks for your help, but I still need to ask you some stuff. I have compile and deploy my program, but I have encounter an error. Can someone help me out? Thanks.

An error has occurred:

"Failed to process the request."

Please contact your system administrator.

Web Dynpro client:

HTML Client

Web Dynpro client capabilities:

User agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322), version: null, DOM version: null, client type: msie6, client type profile: ie6, ActiveX: enabled, Cookies: enabled, Frames: enabled, Java applets: enabled, JavaScript: enabled, Tables: enabled, VB Script: enabled

Web Dynpro runtime:

Product: null, Vendor: null, Version: null, Build ID: 6.3007.00.0000.20040726091658.0000 (release=630_VAL_REL, buildtime=2004-07-29:21:25:09[UTC], changelist=267691, host=PWDFM026), Build Date: Mon Jan 17 17:33:05 CET 2005

Web Dynpro code generators of DC local/MyFirstProgram:

No information available

Web Dynpro code generators of DC sap.com/tcwddispwda:

No information available

Web Dynpro code generators of DC sap.com/tcwdcorecomp:

No information available

J2EE Engine:

6.30 patchlevel 83087.313

Java VM:

Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM, version: 1.4.2_06-b03, vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc.

Operating system:

Windows 2000, version: 5.0, architecture: x86

-

Error stacktrace:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.MappedAttribute.<init>(Lcom/sap/tc/webdynpro/progmodel/context/AttributeInfo;)V

at examples.welcome.wdp.InternalStartView$ContextElement.wdpGetObject(InternalStartView.java:140)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Conrad,

First of all I wish you good luck on learning Web Dynpro. Secondly try to post the error message after the words "Error stacktrace:" eveyrthing before that is not as important in my opinion. From the first line I see that it declares no such method error. The first thing that comes to my mind is the same thing mentioned previously make sure you match the service pack (sp) level of the J2EE engine and the NetWeaver Developer Studio. The reason is that with every <b>sp</b> update the api is updated with new classes and interfaces and you may run into a situation where your J2EE engine doesnt know the new API or has deprecated the methods. Therefore I recommend you download from sdn the latest releases which i believe are sp9. It is very advisable to do so as some tutorials you may be trying will be based on latest releases and when you try to implement some methods they will not be recognized by your compiler. Another word of advice is try to use the sdn as much as possible as it is very helpful and is becoming more helpful by the day, and <b>never forget</b> to reward people with points (by clicking on the star next to thier name) as it will keep the forum alive.

Thanks hope this helps.. and Good luck again.

-Wael Aoudi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you look at the "zillion" tutorials available at SDN ?

It gives you to A-Z help for all your requirements. On the left hand side , you will see a menu "Developer Areas" , in that click on Web Application Server and then WebDynpro. On the right hand side of the page, you will see

a) Code Samples and Tutorials

There are lots of such PDF files available and it explains each and every step, spoon fed tutorials.

Regards,

Subramanian V.