cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access Web Application server after installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am a beginner to SAP. I successfully installed the preview installation and followed the instructions asking to start the J2E server through the SAP console. However, when I try going to http://localhost:50100/, I get a "Page cannot be displayed" error. The J2E icon is part green and part red. I think because the jcontrol.exe process has stopped and it says License check failed.

I have looked at other posts but I am not clear on what the next steps should be. I have also looked at the trace file but not sure what I should be looking for.

Could someone please guide me on this issue. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The icon is red because you need to install the J2EE license.

When you restart the J2EE, you will have about 30 minutes that the system will run without a license. During this time, open the Visual Administrator, check the hardware key of your system, and apply for a license at "service.sap.com"

Once you have received your license key. restart the J2EE so that you have the 30 minute time time frame again. Start the Visual Administratot and navigate to "services -> license adapter" Use the option to install "license from file" and point to the license file you received from SAP. Save and restart the J2EE

You should not be good to go.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

It seems like VA is not providing me with a lot of that information. I tried going through properties to see what the current license dates were, but it gives me an error saying "There is no disk in the drive.." And I don't see any services menu.

I restarted the J2E through console and the jcontrol.exe process is now yellow [which i am assuming will become red after 30 mins].

I'll continue to browse on service.sap.com to get the license

suresh_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gufran,

You can obtain the license from http://service.sap.com/licensekey , you have to specify your J2EE engine's SysID as well as the hardware key.

The hardware key of ur J2EE engine can be obtained by logging into Visual Admin -> Cluster-> Server-> License Adapters.

For details refer to the following link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/14/5e533e5ff4d064e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Restart you machine the J2EE engine will up and running for 20-30 minutes in the mean time you can install you licence key through Visual aministrator(Cluster-> Server-> License Adapters).

Regards, Suresh KB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Thank you for your reply. When I open up VA, it asks me to define a connection. I am unable to get past this hurdle of defining a new connection. Consequently I don't see anything under the cluser tab. I am not sure what to put for the port and hostname [I tried localhost] when defining this new connection.

Moreove, after reading a few posts I understand that a temporary license comes along with the installation which can be used for a few days. Am I correct?

Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no need to define a new connection, because the default connection should work "out-of-the-box" Remember to use the same password as you declared during the installation. If however, things have become messed up, create a new connection and use port 5xx04 (where xx is your instance number)

A temporary license is by default active for 30 days. This gives you therefore 30 days to request a permanent license from SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

This time I was able to get to the VA and browse to cluster -> Services -License Adapter as recommended by Suresh. However, I did not find any hardware key information.

Now as I understand from your post, the license is for 30 days. But the error I am getting is that after 30 mins the license expires for the J2EE Server. According to the website, I cannot update a temporary license with another temporary.

Do u have any ideas why it is expiring after 30 mins? and Where can I check the license date range?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you install your J2EE using the standard SAPinst tool? Are there other SAP systems running on the same server?

I have installed probably close to a 100 J2EEs and have never seen that the situation you described. Did you perhaps change the date on the server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

I have used the default installation method provided for installing the sneak preview for 2004s. The J2EE engine was part of this installation.

I have seen other threads with similar issues but could not find a concrete answer. I will try this again and maybe post the trace file..maybe that will give some more information...if everything fails..I may have to do a reinstall [I hope not!!]

Thanks a bunch.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

FYI - I was able to resolve the license issue. It seems that I did not have the Credentials for Adobe Document Services installed, which I am assuming was needed for VA to read the license information.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed Web AS Preview (Java) in my laptop. The server has started, everywhere it shows green color. But when I try to access the page http://localhost:50100/ or http://<computer name>:50100/ from IE, it says "The page cannot be displayed". Please advice.

Thanks.