cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error occurs in HTTP to RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

When doing the exercise in TBIT40, I meet with a problem in HTTP to RFC. It always returns me such error msg in the html client: <SAP:Error><SAP:Category>XIAdapterFramework</SAP:Category><SAP:Code>MESSAGE.GENERAL</SAP:Code><SAP:AdditionalText>com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException: java.lang.NullPointerException</SAP:AdditionalText></SAP:Error>

I don't know what's the exact reason for that, however, I am sure the BAPI program is not called. Using SXMB_MONI, we can see the response message (from Service: HEDCLNT001 Namespace: urn:sap-com:document:sap:rfc:functions Interface: ZBAPI_PO_CREATE) with above error and no XML payload at all. There's no error in the request message. I suspect if the communication channel is not created correctly as the document doesn't give a clear description on creation steps.

My question:

1. Is there any method to test if the RFC could be called properly from XI side using the communication channel I created?

2. What is the possible reason for the error I just met with? Any available solution?

Thanks & Best Rgds,

Jerry

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First make sure that the system in which BAPI is there is up or not.

Then check if the BAPI alone is executing correctly.

The error you have given suggests that BAPI was not called from XI . The most probable reason could be you have not properly configured your communication channel.

Please refer this link on how to create RFC receiver CC.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/c8/e80440a832e369e10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards,

Sudheer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer,

1. The system with BAPI inside is surely up.

2. I have tried to run BAPI alone with the converted message (Using test function in IR), it did return my expected result.

3. I am trying to verify the receiver CC again according to the document. But how can I know my configuration is correct? Is there any way to test the CC seperatedly?

Thanks!

Jerry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

IF you dont get the response from RFC in moni then it is sure that the RFC is not executed i.e, it was not called then we have to check for the configuration parameters.

What do you mean by you have run the BAPI alone with the converted message in IR ?

Regards,

Sudheer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Can you please check detail error with transaction code SXMB_MONI in abap stack of XI.

Thanks,

Tuhin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I get the response from RFC side with an error which I already indicated in my first post. As for the converted message, in Integration Repository, you can do a test in interface mapping, copy the result fields to BAPI and run the BAPI test.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerry,

What is the error you are getting in monitoring?

Thanks,

Tuhin

Former Member
0 Kudos

The error segment in the response message:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

- <!-- Call Adapter

-->

- <SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="1">

<SAP:Category>XIAdapterFramework</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="MESSAGE">GENERAL</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1 />

<SAP:P2 />

<SAP:P3 />

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText>com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException: java.lang.NullPointerException</SAP:AdditionalText>

<SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace="" />

<SAP:Stack />

<SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>

Jerry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please check in Runtime workbench->component monitoring->adapter engine->adapter monitoring-> rfc adapter.

Can you see any error?

Thanks,

Tuhin

Former Member
0 Kudos

No error shows in RFC adapter monitor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jerry,

-You set 'Synchronous' in the integration repository on the message interface object

-And did you check st22 in target system ?

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

HOw are you testing the interface with HTTP TOOL if yes check following parameters.

Sender Service Name SHould be same as in Directory

Sender Interface Name SHould be same as in Repository

Sender Namespace Name SHould be same as in Repository

Quality of Service Best effort

Thanks,

TUhin

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all guys.

I finally got my problem solved by modifying the XSL file.

I am using a XSL mapping in this scenario and the XSL file is provided by the instructor. I didn't realize the issue lies here at the beginning. However, after running the scenario successfully using Message Mapping, I believe I have found the problem. By comparing the 2 generate results from same input XML, XSL Mapping's has some tiny difference from Message Mapping's. When I modified the XSL to make 2 results to be almost same, my problem is solved certainly.

Thank you again for your helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. The SAPCategory specifies that the error is in the XIAdapterFramework.

Recheck the parameters that have been provided in the rfc communication channel.

2. Are you sure that the BAPI is returning a value for the response?

Recheck this, by executing the BAPI in the end system.

3. Try testing your mappings in the repository, with the RFC request payload from sxi_monitor

Regards,

Smitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jerry,

Some more

-Did you specify your RFC channel as synchronous ?

-Are you giving a response in the BAPI ?

-Are you using the expected BAPI response fields ?

rgds

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Sorry, I didn't find any place to specify RFC CC as synchronous when I configure it in Integration Directory.

2. The BAPI has an export parameter for response. As the BAPI is imported to XI, I didn't create any response message type.

3. Both request and response message mapping could pass the test successfully in Integration Repository.

Jerry

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jerry,

Some tips :

-Since you have this message in 'response' , I would advise to check ST22 in your target system for dumps when you execute a message flow.

-Alternatively you can activate a trace on the RFC destination to know 100% is something is received or not

-Does your user in the channel has the necessary authorizations ? ( try with a SAP_ALL user to exclude this type of problems )

regards

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

There's no dump in target system. The current focus is whether RFC is called properly or not. Since the BAPI is so simple that I don't suspect it to raise any runtime error. And the user is a SAP_ALL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerry,

Can you reprocess message and increase log levels ?

In't there in message monitor , trace , some more details about the error occuring ?

rgds

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

The error message in MONI couldn't restart.

Rgds,

Jerry

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you can test BAPI_USER_DISPLAY function...

thanks

venjamin

null

Former Member
0 Kudos

venjamin, I tried the function you gave in both XI side and RFC side. But didn't see any valueable info returns. Can you specify how to use it to test? Thx!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

please test this BAPI_USER_GET_DETAIL to get user detail info from R/3.

first you can execute this bapi with one of user IDs, and then no without problem,

you can make response message data type to receive user detail info from sap.

thanks

venjamin