Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bar Code through Smartform ,problem in print preview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am printing bar code thru smartform as mention that go to smartstyle and

make one character format of type bar code.

When i execute smartform i can see thick bars, not much differentiated for any bar code value say 1234567890 or say MAT-45670L980.

Please help me.What more settings needs to be done in SE73 or smartform please let me know

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks lot to both the reply.

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

but where is the point

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

I already answered your question.... you need to print the barcode.... if you want to see the difference. Hope you got the idea behind...

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you are working with Barcode it normally displays thick bars of same size thats SAP Standard. When you print the spool you will get the barcode if your printer supprots barcode printing. (You can not see the barcode in print preview).

regards,

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ragu,

Thanks a lot for your such prompt reply.

But my point is that. i am not printing it right now lets say.

I just want to see in print preview that bar codes are coming properly for different

values of bar code number , that also i am not able to see i can see is only thick bars

please let me know, by trying the solution you gave will solve that problem.

Because i notice that z barcode in SE73 while running test on it , it shows proper

bar code.

Regards,

Tanvi

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

All you need to check is

1. Whether the printer supports Barcode. If it does not support barcode, then you will need to buy a DIMM card or barcode.dll file. You can get a demo file from net.

2. You need to install DIMM Card to your printer. or You need to install Barcode.dll file in SAPLpd directory in the front end PC.

or

3. You can buy software that you can upload in your SAP print Server that will convert the barcode symbology as an image that will print on a regular laser printer. But option results in less sharper barcodes. This option is really if you need to convert a large quantity of printers (>10) to support barcodes.

For complete information always you can go to SAP Help.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d9/4a94c851ea11d189570000e829fbbd/content.htm

and Moreover you need to print and see to the real difference

Feel free to revert back.

--Ragu