cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qn. on Dev, QA and Production Servers...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Imagine I have a simple scenario Idoc(R/3) - XI - Idoc(SRM). My scenario is completed and now I need to move my objects to QA. How is this done? I know File Transports is 1 option.. But to my understanding these transports are based on the assumption same technical system and Bussiness System are available in the QA system also.. Pls correct me if I am wrong here...

If I am correct, then there is a problem. Say I have Client 100 in R/3 and 200 in SRM that are Development Clients, but in my QA landscape, the clients are going to differ and again in Production landscape they are going to be different... How to deal with these???? Change all your objects entirely in ID??????

Thanks & Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai Shankar,

You can define System groupsa nd set Transport Targets in SLD.

Source--Target Business Systems and then export ur TPZ's.

When u import to other system the Business System and all of ur ID objects will contain the new Business system.

SAP Help

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ef/a21e3e0987760be10000000a114084/content.htm">http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ef/a21e3e0987760be10000000a114084/content.htm</a>

Regards,

Sudharshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sudarshan,

That seems to be a reasonable approach...

Can you let me the know the steps involved for this process?

How to define the source and target systems in SLD?

Thanks & Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jai,

I mentioned abt assigning transports in the previous post..

As Bhavesh told based on related Integration Server Groups come in that drop down box.

Regards,

Sudharshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for all the valuable inputs.

We are about to move our Dev objects to QA. Will get back if I face any problems at real time...

Thanks & Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

You click on the Business System. It will get to the details. In that click on Transport Targets.

There u will get the assigning group(Group to which System should belong) as well as the Transport Target.

Regards,

Sudharshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jai Shankar,

If u refer to the Help Link given in the previous post.

1. Creation of System groups in SLD. Example would be create DEV and QA.

2. Associate the Business Systems in DEV to DEV group and provide Transport Target as the Group in QA.

Once it is done u can Transport them via file transport.

But when u import them in target System(QA) make sure that business system(QA Business System) exists in SLD before u import.

For More Refer blog

<a href="/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/03/xi-software-logistics-1-sld-preparation:///people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/03/xi-software-logistics-1-sld-preparation

Regards,

Sudharshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sudharshan,

Thanks for pointing me to an excellent blog...

I have created Business system groups "Dev", "QA, "PRD" as specified in the blog. But am not sure how to add a particular Business system to a group.

Can you pls let me know how to do this?

Thanks,

Jai Shankar.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

><i> But am not sure how to add a particular Business system to a group.</i>

While creating the Business System , you mention the Related Integration Server.

By pointing your Business System to the correct Integration Server, the Business System will be assigned to the corresponding group associated with the Integration Server.

let me know if you need further inputs.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

>><i>While creating the Business System , you mention the Related Integration Server.</i>

1. Do you mean, I have to create the business stem groups before creating business Systems?

2. I have 2 SLD each for Dev and Prod..

The Production XI server needs an entry (Tech Sys and an associated Bus. Sys) in Dev SLD also?

Thanks,

Jai Shankar.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

jai, i guess if you read thru this link it sud provide you a good clarity ..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ef/a21e3e0987760be10000000a114084/content.htm

read thru the procedure section in the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is CMS to solve your requirement. please look at CMS Transport.

business system naming for DEV,QA,PRD, you can control suitable name on transport function in SLD.

thanks

venjamin

venjamin kim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please look at for CMS transport for XI IR and ID objects.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/cc/659742e24132458d71a2f26be13357/frameset.htm

For R/3 objects normal transport management system can be used t-code STMS.

Thanks,

Tuhin