cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VC issues or problems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here are some issues with Visual Composer faced by me :

1.Tool Bar for the Tabke View doesn't come up for WebDynPro app.Its there only for Flash run time.

2.Delete button doesn’t work for rename / edit buttons, you have to rely on Backspace button.

3.Guard condition doesn't work in WenDynPro application, it works only for Flash run time apps.

4.Data Store doesn't show the expected result or doesn't display the value.

5.On changing the input value in Flash based run time apps and submit again doesn't work.

Are these really issues / way how Visual Composer work in WebDynPro/ Flash run time or i may be wrong.

Bye,

Ajay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

Thanks for your efforts.

The problem is:

I have data store 'CITYORZIP' at 3 places ,one at the Input form, one at bycity web service and one at byzip web service ,

I have assigned store 'zip' in the zip web service square button and I have assigned store 'city' in the city web service square button.

when i look the data store value at bycity table view or byzip table view i always get the 'zip' , even i 'm looking at the city web service out put form ..

even in the initial submit button i have put the gurad condition false in the submit of byzip web service , selected from the drop down , and in this case i should get the store value from the store value assigned in the city web service. it should not get value from zip web service which is assigned false in the guard condition itself .

This seems weird.

Pls help me on this , in case you've already done this before.

Thanks,

Ajay

Message was edited by:

Ajay Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

just one quick comment: you might get better answers, if you follow the rules of engagement (https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/HOME/RulesofEngagement) and post for each question a separate posting. This would also allow to have a better subject line, which attracts more people answering your questions faster.

Otherwise keep posting...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm following the Blog 'Building a Web Services Based Visual Composer Application'

/people/scott.cairncross/blog/2006/10/11/building-a-web-services-based-visual-composer-application

Guard conditions is not working.

Even when i put the simple condition bool(0) , the submit button works in the DynPro but not in Flash.

I'm using the data store as mentioned by you , but i'm getting the result always same 'ZIP' .

Even i remove the the Zip web service , the data store value is blank even the data store is there for City web service.

Bye,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

I glance at the blog. In step 36 there is shown, that the datastore get the value 'ZIP' this is a string or should I say a constant value, that's why you always get 'ZIP' as value.

The condition bool(0) must be bool(true). I don't know if bool(0) also works. I always use bool(true).

Maybe I have more time in the evening, then I try to rebuild the model from Scott.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

> 1.Tool Bar for the Tabke View doesn't come up for

> WebDynPro app.Its there only for Flash run time.

There some components only for flash and some only for webdynpro.

> 2.Delete button doesn’t work for rename / edit

> buttons, you have to rely on Backspace button.

What's the problem?

> 3.Guard condition doesn't work in WenDynPro

> application, it works only for Flash run time apps.

Are you sure?

> 4.Data Store doesn't show the expected result or

> doesn't display the value.

A Data Store can not display a value you have to use expressions or a plain text field, which has the value as label.

> 5.On changing the input value in Flash based run time

> apps and submit again doesn't work.

>

> Are these really issues / way how Visual Composer

> work in WebDynPro/ Flash run time or i may be wrong.

There are differents between flash and webdynpro.

Best Regards,

Marcel