cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the possible impact of running BDLS in wrong client?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've been doing a system refresh from PRD to QUA and as a part of post refresh actions I've run BDLS for each client I have in the system. That system has 4 clients (500,600,700,800) so I've run BDLS 4 times (PRDCLNT500 -> QUACLNT500, PRDCLNT600 -> QUACLNT600, PRDCLNT700 -> QUACLNT700, PRDCLNT800 -> QUACLNT800). The problem is that I've run all four reports from the same client (500).

When BDLS finished and I've been checking the spool reports I found out my mistake - there were over 5.000.000 updates in correct report (PRDCLNT500 -> QUACLNT500) and only 3.000 updates in wrong ones (all other reports).

After this I've started BDLS for the remaining clients (600,700,800) correctly.

<b>The question is - could there be any possible impact on data consistency?

If so - what impact could I expect?

Would be wise to run the BDLS reports in inverse mode (changing the logical names to the original ones) in client 500?</b>

Here is some information that can help - tables with amount of modified records:

BDSX_CON04*                    LOG_SYSTEM                             1                      1
ROIDOCPRMS*                    SLOGSYS                                1                      1
ROOSGEN*                       RLOGSYS                                0                      0
                               SLOGSYS                                1                    201
ROOSPRMSC*                     RLOGSYS                                0                      0
                               SLOGSYS                                1                      3
ROOSPRMSF*                     RLOGSYS                                0                      0
                               SLOGSYS                                1                      4
RSBASIDOC*                     RLOGSYS                                0                      0
                               SLOGSYS                                1                      1
SRRELROLES                     LOGSYS                                 1                  2.040
TBTCO*                         RECLOGSYS                              1                      1
EDIDC                          RCVPRN                                 0                      0
                               SNDPRN                                 1                    780
EDP21                          SNDPRN                                 1                      3
EDPP1                          PARNUM                                 1                      1
T076B                          KONTO                                  1                      1
T076M                          KONTO                                  1                      1
T076S                          KONTO                                  1                      1

I expect that all tables marked with star (client independent tables) have no impact (they would be changed anyway).

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont see any impact. Just run the reports back in the right clients.

I dont see any problems due to your mistake.

Regards

Cyrus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. I got similar response from other SAP experts I've consulted. But I do not understand what are the changed records? If there would be no changed records - I would agree there is no impact. But when I've by accident changed 3x3000 records - it is hard to belive that there is absolutely no impact.

Can you please explain?

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you would have might have changed the records, all you have to do is run the report again with the right record (for the wrong ones) and all entries will be baack corrected.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No. BDLS was run on both client dependent and client independent data - when I've entered scc4 - there were already new logical system names present (after the correct BDLS jobs, of course).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did u changed the client settings thru scc4->logical system.

Regards

Umesh k