cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Activate Single Sign on the netweaver server WAS

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to login into the status and tracking system in SEM BPS . While logging in i am getting this error message : "LOGON REQUIRES ACTIVATED SINGLE SIGN ON ON THIS SERVER "

Please let me know how to activate this single sign on the WAS ??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SSO

Yes, Single Sign-On (SSO) or SSO2 is supported for SAP Web Application Server.

SAP supports different processes for providing an SSO environment. The use of logon tickets is in the foreground. For this procedure, tickets are issued by an issuing server and are accepted by the other servers in your system landscape.

Configuring the Use of Logon Tickets

A prerequisite for this is that SSO is configured for your SAP System. This configuration specifies, among other things, that SSP tickets are both generated and accepted. Make the configuration using the profile parameters:

· login/create_sso2_ticket = 1 (on the server that issues the tickets)

· login/accept_sso2_ticket = 1 (on the servers that accept the tickets)

To be able to accept logon tickets from other servers, execute Transaction SSO2, which you can use to activate the use of the logon tickets.

The application’s own logon tickets are accepted without the need for any further settings.

For more information see User Authentication. below is the link for it

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/02/d4d53aa8a9324de10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Logon Ticket Cache

To increase performance with multiple logons, you can use the logon ticket cache. For more information, see Logon Ticket Cache. below is the link for it

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/99/15ee3adcf1913fe10000000a11405a/frameset.htm

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Milind,

the following profiel paramters needs to be set up. (txn RZ10)

login/accept_sso2_ticket

login/create_sso2_ticket

once this is done (needs a restart of the server), you can check whether its configured properly by running BSP application system/sso2test.htm

Regards

Raja