Did you mean: 

Point System

anversha_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi all,

A sugestion!!

The point system shuld make mandatory.

because lot of questions are answerd, but not given any point to any of the correct answers.

So my sugestion is, the point system shuld make mandatory

Regards

Anver

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have also a look at /people/eddy.declercq/blog/2006/05/19/from-the-grumpy-old-man-the-points-of-no-return for my concerns.

It's not all about points though:

/people/eddy.declercq/blog/2006/07/21/from-the-grumpy-old-man-sdn-kindergarten

Eddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anversha,

Don't forget all the guys who had contributed in this thread deserves some points

anversha_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

This thread is not marked as question

Regards

Anver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ooops, sorry my mistake..... If u would hv marked this thread as question, I would hv gained some points..

Nvr mind, there is always next time..

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>Don’t encourage people by providing complete coding for this solution, u have to educate the people to understand the issue and show the way to resolve the issue. Where the point, you are working for his/her problems and he getting the salary. I am not saying that every one / every time should follow this way.</b>, I seen <b>ANVERSHA</b> giving the complete code and even some times asking the user's mail id to send Documents ,It should not happend like this. This is Eduction Form , we are not working for them , we are here to share our exp, knowledge .Now a days , i seen lot of peoples are not worry abt their work , they are worrying abt how much time SDN people will take to resolve their issue.

Finally my point is try to Educate the people rather than doing Cut & paste.

Regards

prabhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys

Perhaps this discussion can be interesting for all so it would be to transfer it to discussion forum, wouldn't it?

Max

anversha_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Max,

Please do it.It will be good.

Regards

Anver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

A very good morning to all.

To Anversha

Yeah i agree with your concern and sometimes everyone who thinks that he had a shot at the question must be rewarded .we all go through the same, cause time is valuable for everyone of us .

Max is right cause I feel like at the end of the thread a sort of solution has to come in favour of the questioner .

We know for sure that in some cases he got the edge and just left without an “acknowledgement” which as a Sap professional i expect to maintain some standards.

But we cannot demand the points from the questioner at the end of the day .

My sincere request is whatever be the question posted in SDN a solution has to be drawn

For Future references . So that we keep this sap blogs active ..

To Suresh Datti.

Here is one of my suggestion .

Suppose that a person X has posted 5 threads and did not allocate a single point to none of the previous posts , Do not allow him to post the 6 thread till he closes at least 2 .

Or

at least post the solution in case he/ she has worked out and marked the solution at the end not to bother if he takes points for himself.

Regards,

Vijay

dani_mn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Anversha,

I agree with your suggestion,

A simple solution can be this before posting a new questions the person should close all his previous threads those who are more than 7 days old.

In this way people will be bound to close their threads.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Anversha,

Let us not bother about points ... as it as knowledge Portal so let us make use of it properly by posting quality contributins rather than worrying about points...

Regards,

Santosh

anversha_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi santhosh,

I am not talking about me.But for all those people who are helping this forum alive.

They are using there valuable time in between the hectic works to answer the questions.

so this is not an utopian society.

there shuld be some give and take policy.

Thats all and i appreciate your valuable contributions in this forum.

Regards

Anver

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Anversha,

I Agree to your point ..

The person who is accepting the answer should feel that people are spending lots of their time and efforts in answering their question ... but unfortunately as you said many of them donot come back after they get their question answered ... but i guess we cannot do anything on that ... but in this process of answering you definitely learn many things which you may not know .. so i always feel happy about that and forget this ...

REgards,

Santosh

anversha_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

ya I learned alot from this SDN forum. Thats good any way.

Regards

Anver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I can understand your frustration, I sometimes feel it too, but I believe the problem it's not on the missing points, but the missing reply:

The real wealth of a forum like SDN is the solved problems, if someone doesn't give a reply indicating if his problem is or is not solved, he's impoverishing SDN.

Anyway it's not good to see someone gives the answer another guy has given before him in the same post, I believe he's only trying to obtain some points, but in this way his answer is useless and won't contribute to purpose of SDN.

Max

anversha_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Max,

The thing i want to notice here is this.

I have seen alot of post which are answered perfectly and correctly But not given any points for any of the replies of that post.

The same guy who posted the question is coming again to the forum and will post a new question. he will get the answer too and will not assaign any points.

This is happening again and again. Is it possible to track such people.

Because this is really bad for the forum.

Regards

Anver

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sometime back

<a href="https://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.sdn.businesscard.sdnbusinesscard?u=vi4acammux4%3d">craig</a> had a blog.. wherein he has asked us to send such posts in a spreadsheet.. so that he can go through & award the points.. but the onus is really on the person who initiated the post.. it is a promise he/she made at the time of posting the question.. this issue has been brought up quite a few times earlier.. the forums are a lot better now.. If you have any suggestions on how to improve the current system you can post them <a href="

And yes, it does get frustrating at times.. but then not everyone is alike.. otherwise, you wouldn't be seeing people with close to 30k points..

~Suresh

anversha_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

what you are telling is correct. I can understand

But is it possible to track those people who are always posting questions and not giving any points.

Regards,

Anver.

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>But is it possible to track those people who are always posting questions and not giving any points.

I think there is something in the pipeline toward that direction...

~Suresh