cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split source field

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to map a source field in destination with leading zeroes after split.

Example:

The source field is say: '12345601'

Destination field desired is "00123456" i.e. first 6 character of source with leading zeroes.

Appreciate any lead how to accomplish this requirement.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reo,

In MDM 5.5, you can set conversion filter on any source field by selecting that source field from the field mapping tab in the import manager and then right clicking and selecting 'conversion filter'.Then define the conversion rules according to ur requirement.

Try with this.I hope it might work.

Regards,

<b>Shiv Prashant Dixit</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sorry that I have not mentioned that I am trying to do it in syndicator to create outbound.

Source :12345601

Desired destination:00123456 (first two digit pad with 00 + first 6 digit of source)

In syndicator by selecting the source field and right clicking it , it does show

'split multi value field' but it does not go beyond, next drop down being masked.

Is there any other way to accomplish that ?

I am working in MDM 5.5 PS4 fyi

-reo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reo

I don't see a way to do it <u>in</u> the Syndicator.

What you might be able to do (I haven't tested this) is add a calculated field to your table and use that in the Syndicator.

So if your source data "12345601" is contained in field <b>MyField1</b>, create a calculated field (be sure to use data-type Text or you'll lose the leading zeroes you want) called <b>MyCalc1</b> with the following Calculation Expression:

<i>"00" & LEFT(MyField1,6)</i>

Then simply use <i>MyCalc1</i> in the Syndicator instead of <i>MyField1</i>

Let us know if it works

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reo,

To fulfill your requirement one possible solution is as follows : -

<b><u>Step1:</u></b> first while importing data using import manager you use a conversion filter and prepend "00" to your original value.

you can do this by selecting source field then right clicking on it then selecting <b>conversion filter</b> and then <b>apply operator</b> .Apply <b>prepend</b> operator and set <b>operand 2</b> as 00.

Thus your source field becomes "0012345601" i.e. length of source field becomes <b>10.</b>

<b><u>Step2</u>:</b>Now while syndicating data using syndicator, map this source field to the destination field and in the <b>destination item</b> tab,select this destination field and set the <b>maximum item length</b> to 8.This will syndicate only first 8 character i.e. 00123456 ,Thus completing your requirement.

I have tried this and it is working.Hope it will help you.

Thanks,

<b>Shiv Prashant Dixit</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

I could resolve it using calculated field.

Not sure why SP4 is not taking combined function like 'AND' or '&' so I have to I used two fields to get my zero padding.

Thanks for all your tips

-reo