cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect to message server (hostascs/3902) failed: NIECONN_PENDING.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I trying to install "Central Instance" on the host which is already hosting ASCS and DB instances. I'm not sure whether i'm allowed to install CI when ASCS is already installed. And CI install is stopped with this error. Please let me know what i'm doing wrong here.

While connecting to the message server instance RED/ASCS02 on host redinst, port 3902 an exception has occurred.

DIAGNOSIS: The original exception was: wapsmod.ms.MsAttachFailed: Connect to message server (redinst/3902) failed: NIECONN_PENDING. SOLUTION: Make sure that the message server is started.

Thanks,

Torpedo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can have CI or ASCS and a dialog instance but not ASCS and CI together.

ABAP SAP CENTRAL SERVICES(ASCS) is nothing but seperating Message server and Enqueue server from CI. So when u have ASCS you cannot install CI again on that as of my knowledge

Let me knwo if i am helpful

Regards,

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

Thank you for the details on 7.0 instnaces.

But i would like to install the instance like this and i'm currently installing ABAP system only.

ASCS and DB instances in HA mode. And CI in non HA mode and CI would be on standalone install and the file system for the CI will be different than the file system for the instances on cluster nodes. And which means, i have to stop ASCS instance when CI is being used. Please let me know if this is possible.

Thanks,

Torpedo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Torpedo,

The Concept of ASCS is to giv High Availability to ABAP system where the Msg server + Enque server on one system and Dialog instance on other

If you dont use ASCS(msg server + Enqueue) seperate and u want to be integrated in CI as like the normal case with Netweaver04, then you should go for HA setup for ABAp system

If you have ASCS you dont need to go for HA setup niether another CI

whenyou have only CI you should go for HA setup and when u have ASCS no need to go for HA

I hope I explained clear

Regards

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response. I dropped to install CI on the same system. Currently i am trying to install Dialog instance on node 2 of cluster but i am getting error there too. Could you let me know what could be the issue here.

ERROR 2006-11-21 14:04:01 [iaxxinscbk.cpp:271]

abortInstallation

CJS-00030 Assertion failed: in

function (nothrow) {

NW.trace("NW.hasJava(", nothrow, ")");

if (_hasJava == undefined && !nothrow) {

ASSERT(arguments.callee, false, "NW(" + this.getSID() + ").hasJava() is undefined");

}

NW.trace("NW.hasJava() done: ", _hasJava);

return _hasJava;

}

NW(RED).hasJava() is undefined

ERROR 2006-11-21 14:04:01

CJSlibModule::writeError_impl()

MUT-03025 Caught ESAPinstException in Modulecall: ESAPinstException: error text undefined.

ERROR 2006-11-21 14:04:01

FCO-00011 The step checkMsgServer with step key |NW_DI|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_GetSidFromProfiles|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_checkMsgServer|ind|ind|ind|ind|2|0|checkMsgServer was executed with status ERROR .

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Torpedo,

Please go through this guide before you plan your infrastructure for Netweaver 04S

I hope it will clear all your doubts

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/61fd3e46-0a01-0010-d1bf-9d3...

Please reward if it is useful

Regards,

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Torpedo,

With SAP NetWeaver 04 Java, the Message Server and the Enqueue Server are separated from the Central Instance. These two services are grouped within the SAP Central Services Instance (SCS) as services. From NW04s the ABAP Central Services can be also separated from the Central Instance. Each stack, ABAP and Java, has its own Message Service and Enqueue Service. For ABAP systems the Central Services are referred to as ASCS, for Java systems the Central Services are referred to as SCS. The ASCS and the SCS are leveled as SPOF and require a High Availability Setup therefore. If the ASCS is integrated within the ABAP Central Instance (standard in NetWeaver 04) the Central Instance of the ABAP system needs a HA setup also.

Regards,

Phani