cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

displaying variables in adobe form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

like we can display the value of a variable using program symbols in scripts i.e &MARA-MATNR&, do we have anything like that in adobe forms?..

i found out that in one of the sample adobe forms, enclosing variable with in { } i.e {MARA-MATNR} serves our requirement.. but how to use that i'm not getting...

we also have the option of drag and drop the field from the data view to the layout in pdf forms... but it is giving some formatting problems...

Pls let me know if you have any solution...

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shekar,

I think you are refering to floating fields in adobe forms that is added inside static text fields.

To get floating fields, go to 'insert -> floating field' in the Designer layout. Hope you are clear. Do update if your problem is cleared.

You may also acheive the purpose through proper binding in a text field. (object pallette -> bindings)

Thanks and Warm regards,

<b>Anto</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Antooze, i got it...

Thanks rajasekhar

Regards

Shekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have included the floating fields inside the static text. Its not displaying the values. when i have included the floating fields in a test program it worked but its not working in my program

need your help in this regard

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shekar,

Why don't you use a text field without a caption with the width as 'extend to width'.

If you need to use floating fields, check if the scripts in the script editor are okay. and also the properties of the static text field. Make sure that the corresponding floating field has data to pass.

Do update with the solution you have found.

Thanks and Warm Regards,

Anto.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shekhar,

Well, in Adobe forms this happens through Binding. And the formatting can be done in Object properties of the field.

Regards,

<i><b>Raja Sekhar</b></i>