cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

basis patch SAPKA46C52

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

BASIS patch SAPKA46C52 hanging on DDIC_ACTIVATION for 2 hours on our production system. I have tried implementing the patch three times now. The first time I stopped the patch running after 2 hours.

I've tried reseting the patch queue so that I can start the import again but the system won't allow me. I've kicked of the patch off again but it's now hanging at the tp_buffer stage and there's nothing going on in SM66.

Anyone any ideas

thanks

Siobhan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Siobhan,

please go through note 782140 and also check wether RDD* jobs are running in 000 client if not try to scedule them this may solve your problem

regards

Samrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samrat

That's solved the problem. What does that job do?

Thanks again

Siobhan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siobhan,

RDDIMPDP is your transport program. Unless this job is running you can not do any imports whether normal transports or support packages.

Please visit this link for more info:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3d/ad5c784ebc11d182bf0000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Further the problem you faced is a known issue with SP51 and has been corrected in SP52. Infact the program BTCTRNS1 which is used to deactivate all jobs except RDDIMPDP and RDDIMPDP _CLIENT has got affected by this and in SP52 is deactivating these jobs as well.

Hope this information was useful for you.

Regards.

Ruchit.