cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can u breif me the meaining of interface in Integration Directory of XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

interface of Integration Directory and Java are same as i am new to XI and familiar with java, it would be helopful if i found the difference between interface between java interface and XI interface

Thanks & Regards,

Pushparaju.B.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do not get confuse with >>java interface and XI interface both are different.

Integration Directory is made up of JAVA Stack. In XI Interface means the one business requirement.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

just to check wiki meaning-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interface

in XI , it is a message interface, to window between 2 or more components.

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj.,

Both Interfaces are quite diffrent. In Xi Interfaces holds application data during runtime. Message processing and Exchanging data between two processes/ services will be done by Interface. Interfaces are highly reusable components.

In Xi Interfaces are compatable with external system web methods. coz of its open standard (WSDL - Web Services Description Language ).

regards,

yallabandi...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pushpa raj,

It is very nice to see you here, Let me share my kowledge and it might help you to understand better.

1)wthat is meant by XI?

A) XI is nothing but Exchange Infrastructure.

2)What does it do?

A)It is middle ware tool like webmethods and tibco,XI is a middle tool ware tool provided by SAP.

XI will gives an advantage to exchange the data between two systems.The System might be A2A or B2B.A2A is nothing but Application to Application and B2B is nothing but Business to Business.

EX:System A--

XI--

>System B.

data data

See the abvoe example I have two system both these system might be sap to sap or sap to non sap applications.

I have a situation where want to send data from System A to System B..I need one middle ware tool such way that it will accept the system A data and undestand the data and it could get transfer to System B.

Sucha situation we need middle ware tool like xi and for sending the system A data to System B though XI we need one interface where it can have both sender data and receiver data.

How a Interface looks,

System A contines two fileds and I want to send these data to System B

System A System B

First Name-Rama Rao FullName:--Rama RaoTatineni.

LastName----Tatineni

So the above information can be hold one interface and it will transfered to System B.

Hope you understand better...still if you have any question please feel free to ask so that I can help you out by clarifiying your doubts.

Note:Interface whichin java and interface which in XI is both are different.

Thanks in Advance.

Chandu.