cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PHP 5.2 and saprfc 1.4.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey all,

Has anyone tried hooking-up PHP 5.2 and saprfc 1.4.1?

I tried but getting this error message when I restarted my apache 2.0.54 :

<i>"<b>PHP Startup: saprfc: Unable to initialize module

Module compiled with module API=20050922, debug=0, thread-safety=1

PHP compiled with module API=20060613, debug=0, thread-safety=1

These options need to match" </b></i>

I thought it's probably caused by the fact the the DLL, php_saprfc.dll binaries provided from the sourceforge download of SAPRFC was compiled with PHP 5.1.1, and not PHP 5.2. Is that right?

So, I tried recompiling the binaries itself by following the instruction provided by the INSTALL instruction of saprfc. However the compilation fails with the following message:

<i><b>"Error 1 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'zend_config.h': No such file or directory c:\php-5.2.0\Zend\zend.h (line)53"</b></i>

Although looking at zend.h there's an if statement there that if it's WIN32 then look for zend_config.win32.h. Check out the codes below:

#ifdef ZEND_WIN32
# include "zend_config.w32.h"
# define ZEND_PATHS_SEPARATOR		';'
#elif defined(NETWARE)
# include <zend_config.h>
#elif defined(__riscos__)
#else
# define ZEND_PATHS_SEPARATOR		':'
#endif

Anyone has any luck? I've been wanted to check this out with my SAP 4.6B but hope you guys can help me out here.

Thanks!!

-Ed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ed,

I uploaded on the saprfc.sourceforge.net site the new package saprfc-1.4-5.2.0.Win32.zip compiled against PHP 5.2.0. You can

download it from

<a href="http://downloads.sourceforge.net/saprfc/saprfc-1.4-5.2.0.Win32.zip">http://downloads.sourceforge.net/saprfc/saprfc-1.4-5.2.0.Win32.zip</a>

Thanks, Eduard.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eduard,

Thank you so much for the package.

It's now working great on my PHP 5.2.0 and SAP 4.6B.

SAPRFC rocks!!

-Ed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eduard,

Just out of my curiosity, I was wondering what might've caused the failure of my own compilation using Visual Studio 2005 of saprfc 1.4.1 and PHP 5.2.0 (as mentioned at the beginning of the thread) ?

Thanks for your help.

-Ed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ed,

in the past I used Visual C 6.0 for compilation of saprfc binaries. For PHP5 I do some magic steps in the sources of PHP (described in the README.compile file). Recently, I switched to free available VC++ 2005 Express Edition - solution and project files you can find on the CVS <a href="http://saprfc.cvs.sourceforge.net/saprfc/saprfc/">http://saprfc.cvs.sourceforge.net/saprfc/saprfc/</a>

You need also Platform SDK (can be downloaded free from Microsoft) and change path to RFCSDK and PHP sources (because is valid probably only for my build environment).

I hope that this help you.

Eduard.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much Eduard.

I'll give it another try.

-Edy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eduard,

I am having a problem connecting PHP and SAP using "saprfc-1.4-5.2.0.Win32.zip compiled against PHP 5.2.0" given by you with PHP 5.2.0. I am still getting the error that "saprfc extension not loaded". Is there anything that is still required to be done?

My installation structure in Win XP is as follows:

Apache 2.2.4 installed at C:\Development\Apache

PHP 5.2.0 unpacked in C:\Development\Apache\php

saprfc-1.4-5.2.0.Win32.zip unpacked in C:\Development\Apache\htdocs\saprfc

php_saprfc.dll also copied to C:\Development\Apache\php\ext

The required DLL in System32 exists due to SAP GUI...

Can u or anyone help?

Regds,

Jairam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jairam,

check output from phpinfo() if your php.ini file is on the place where you expected it. You can also try CLI version of PHP (php.exe -i).

Regards,

Eduard.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eduard,

Yes my php.ini is at correct place as indicated in phpinfo()...By the way, what is this CLI version of PHP (php.exe -i)? Can u please elaborate as I am new to this?

Also, can there be a version problem?

Thanks,

Jairam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ed.

I am developping in PHP a web based application. This application should connect to the SAP resources of my company. I 've tried to follow your previous recommandations on this forum in order to to that. Unfortunatly, my connection does not work. I incountred the same previous problem. In fact, I can't compile the php_saprfc.dll with my PHP 5.2.

Please, could you assit me on that issue ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello all,

I'm very new to this.

I'm using apache2.0 and php 5.3

i followed http://downloads.sourceforge.net/saprfc/saprfc-1.4-5.2.0.Win32.zip

to download saprfc extension, but the page is redirected to saparefc1.41.all.

On that zip files i couldn't get the extension for me.

If you have the extension saprfc for php 5 can you send it to me or tell me from where I can download.

when i downloaded the saprfc.tar.zip  and used its dll file for php extension,

but my Apache won't work and says that it needs php4ts.dll files.

i think that that extension is for php 4. when i reverted its working.

So please give me the location to download the saprfc extension for php5.3 or more. please feel free to contact me.

Thanks in advance

Xavier Emerson

xavieremerson4u@gmail.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eduard,

If you are still working on saprfc package (it's great!), could you maybe compile a version for PHP 5.4.25? For 5.2 it works great. I faced performance problems (BAPIs answer about 10-15 secs), however, it may be possible that the SAP server side is slow. Do you have maybe reference times how it fast it shoud work in normal case? Debugged with microtime, I see taht the connection is fast, retreiving the data is fairly slow, which can SAp server or even Apache problem. (?)

If you don't have time to compile it, would you be so kind to give me a little detailed description, how to do it? I'm not really familiar with C, but every time when we step on with the PHP version, it will be a problem to integrate the interface for the new one.

Thank you very much!

Zsolt

Answers (0)