cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About Qualifications - cProjects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I ought to staff roles (and consequently to task) based on qualification. How exactly do I go about? Is qualification for the BPs defined at the backend? When there's an addition of a skill set to a resource, is this updation done at the back end? Or it can be carried out at the front end?

A detailed descritption would be so cherished!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you install <b>Workforce Deployment (WFD)</b>, you can select your resources in Project (<b>Resource Planning</b>) by their availability.

WFD is a central service for managing personnel resources. It contains all data relevant for planning, such as personnel resources and their <b>availability</b> and <b>qualifications</b>, and personnel requirements.

In case you have integrated HR system and cProjects, When you use Workforce Deployment (WFD) you have to replicate the data from the HR system in WFD.

Details for the above mentioned configuration can be found in Configuration Guide.

Regards,

Reema.

PS. Pls award points to useful answers.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are 2 possibilities. Both are Backend. To my knowledge Frontend is not possible.

1. if you have HR system & skills and qualifications are maintained in the Personal Administration, through ALE you can transfer to cProjects.

2. You can have skills & qualifications maintained in the Business partner, which is available in WAS. From here also you can maintain. You have seprate transactions in SAP Easy Access menu.

For Avalability you need WFM core.

Regards,

Boobalan

Former Member
0 Kudos

To Staff Roles based on qualifications, you first need to have qualifications catalog in cProjects system and a qualification profile maintained for the resources(BP's).

Qualification Catalog can be built in cProjects system (Transaction - OOQA) or can either be transferred from HR system, if it already exists.

You then assign a qualification profile to business partner on the cProjects Backend.I don't think a resource skill profile can be updated from the frontend. The update is done on cProjects back end.

Also I donot think we need WFD for this...(even availability can be maintained in the backend).

Rajesh