cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New APO 5.0 implementation ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are planning to start our APO project and I would really appreciate if you could answer the following questions:

1) We are planning to use "ONEDB" concept for both APO & Livecache using MAXDB 7.6.

Is this supported by SAP for Production use ?

For Prod landscape, can we implement "oneDB" on one UNIX node (assuming this will withstand the load) ?

Is this recommended by SAP ?

How many customers in USA are using this "OneDB" architecture ?

2) Our R/3 system is a NON_UNICODE 4.7 system.

Do we have to convert to UNICODE before we go live with APO ? We use only English in our enterprise.

3) Since APO has it's own BW system embedded,

Is this recommended by SAP to use APO's BW for APO reporting ?

If not, use Enterprise BW for APO reporting ?

Our EBW is on 3.5 version and APO's BW will be on 7.0. Will there be any lack of functionality due version differences ?

Truly appreciate your responses in this regard.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please excuse me for not answering sooner, but I had to discuss your questions internally first. (The below answers represent the outcome of said discussion.)

Here are the answers:

1. Yes, the APO One-DB-Server is released for productive usage.

2. One Unix-node might be sufficient if he fullfills the sizing requirements for both, the APO-database and the liveCache.

Please size APO database and liveCache individually according to SAP Quicksizer procedure. Then, sum up the number of CPU's and the required main memory and disc space for liveCache and APO-DB. Your Unix node must provide the sum of CPU's and the sum of required main memory and disc space. This is recommended by SAP.

3. So far, we have only customers in Europe using this configuration.

ad 2.)

With all currently supported SCM -Releases (SCM 4.0, 4.1 and SCM 5.0) Unicode and Non-Unicode is supported.

Therefore you do not have to migrate your R/3-system to Unicode.

However, I do not know whether it is possible to connect a 4.7-R/3-Release to an APO system. Maybe you can find out this on your own.

ad 3.)

All APO reporting functionality is provided by APO itself. Some technical BW layers are used to store data of the application Demand Planning.

You will not directly get in touch with the BW in APO. It's existence is nearly transparent to the user. There are no reporting.

If you plan to transfer data from your EBW to the APO BW (for example historical sales data to be forecasted in Demand Planning) this will

be the single point of touch between the two systems. (OK, a second might be to send results from Demand Planning back to EBW which however,

will be the same interface.) I assume that these two BW versions are able to exchange such kind of data. However, I can not garuantee it. Please

contact someone from APO Demand Planning to answer this question, either from sales or support (using an OSS message).

Hope that answers your questions.

Kind regards,

Roland