cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro iView times out in 120 secs

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've a Web Dynpro application which I'm running as an iView in portal.

This application assigns roles to users (1000s of users at one time). The problem is that User clicks the button to assign roles, it takes a long time (more than 120 secs). Meanwhile the iView times out and I get an error like -

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

The proxy server could not handle the request POST /webdynpro/dispatcher/wwhc/role.assignment/RoleAssignment;jsessionid=(J2EE1238600)ID0055424850DB11999875722545098185End.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

When I check the logs, I see roles do get assigned at the backend, but GUI had timed out.

Any suggestions how / which parameter to increase for the GUI (iView) not to timeout in 120 secs.

Many Thanks,

Vimukta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vimukta

Personally I guess you have to optimize the assignment or change the use case. For example, split all the users to several groups and do the assignment sequentially. Nobody wants to wait more then 3 minutes untill the operation is finished.

BR

Sergei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ashutosh and Siarhei for your suggestions

Ashutosh, I'm trying to see if any of the parameters given in that page might help me.

Thanks,

Vimukta

former_member182294
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vimukta,

Instead of waiting for response from server for whole time keep update the user with progress bar indicator so that page never expires and also user can see some update instead of seeing the balnk page.

Regards

Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Abhilash,

That sounds promising. Do you have any idea how to implement progress bar? Can you please give me some pointer?

Thanks,

Vimukta

Former Member
former_member185029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vimukta,

You can set application timeout parameter.

Double click on the application

Switch to Application properties tab.

Let the Select Type be Pre defined

Click on Browse button and select ExpirationTime.

Put the timeout value and click finish.

Re-deploy the application and verify.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ashutosh. I have already set that parameter to 3600. But that does not help me, since that parameter is applicable only if there is no user interaction.

In my case the user clicked the button and the update itself is taking a long time, so the GUI times out.

Web Dynpro Gurus, please help.

Thanks,

Vimukta

former_member185029
Active Contributor