cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Mapping Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am attempting to make a change to one of our message mappings. The change I need to do is the following:

I am looking at the E1EDT13 node. There are multiple of these with different QUALFs. I want to say if QUALF = 006, then use the DateTime in that node. If there is no 006, then see if there is a QUALF = 003. If so, use that DateTime.

The problem I have is selecting the correct DateTime. Since there are multiple E1EDT13 nodes (In this case we have 6), and there can be both a 006 AND a 003 (I want the 006 in this case), I can't figure out how to grab the correct one. When I say "If QUALF = 006, then grab the date, else if QUALF = 003, then grab the date", I get both dates returned, and end up displaying the incorrect one.

I hope this makes some sense to you. Please help!

Larry Pinsky

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found a different way to accomplish this.

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do that using a User Defined function. Create a user defined function which accepts DateTime node as one input and QUALF as another input. Pass it as a queue and inside the user defined function loop thru the QUALF and check for your condition. Capture the index of the QUALF havinf 006 or 003 whatever.. now using that index you can retrieve the respective DateTime.

Eg : if the index = 5

then DateTimes[5] will give you the value.

Regards,

Prakash

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) did you check context here .

2) you can try out writing adavanced user defined function to achieve the same

Regards,

moorthy