cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS transport - help required

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need a sugession from u folks, for my below doubt.

We have 4 j2ee servers.

1. JDI

2. EP development

3. EP Quality

4. EP Production

We have deployed ESS Webdynpro applications in all 3 (EP development, quality and production) and running good.

Now, we have a requirement to modify one of the standard application (Personal data). So, i will have to setup tracks and import required ESS applications into track and modify it. Up to here its pretty clear.

My question is, when i modify the application and transport it to EP development system (there is already an application running in EP development) will this overwrite the application running in EP development or will it be a mess?

Pl note that, since there were no modification request came we have deployed ESS applications in all there (EP dev, quality and production) instances and now we are modifying and transporting it thru JDI.

Will the transport go smoothly or should i have to undeploy all the applications (ESS) from (EP dev, quality and production) and transport it via JDI.

What is advisable in this case?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Karthik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Yes it will overwrite the old version.

Regards

Sidharth Deshpande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Sidharth,

It's prety clear now. I have forgot to ask one more question. After modifying the applications and releasing the changes, do we need to assemble only the request or do we need to assemble all the components, that is in the track (SAP_JEE, SAP_JTECHS, SAP_BUILDT, SAP_PCUIGP, SAP_ESS) along with the request.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will only see Software Components for Development in the Assembly stage.