cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP system doesn't automatically start after restart (but manual start ok)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We've got a new production line of SAP EP 7.0 systems, which have CI on HP-UX and DIs on windows. The version is NW2004s SPS09.

What we see is that after a restart of the windows servers (usually because of windows patching), the SAP system doesn't automatically start up. It doesn't start up if I restart the SAP<SID>_<instance> service either.

However, I've got no problem starting the system with the MMC.

Any idea what I am missing here? is it as simple as a profile parameter ?

As far as I can see the profile used seem ok.

After a restart of the windows server the following files have log entries in the c:\usr\sap\<SID>\J<instance>\work folder

sapstartsrv.log

-

trc file: "sapstartsrv.log", trc level: 0, release: "700"

-

Fri Nov 17 15:51:26 2006

<<- ERROR: SapSSLInit(read_profile=1)==SSSLERR_LIB_NOT_FOUND

sapstart.log

Starting WebService thread

SapSSLInit failed => https support disabled

Webservice named pipe thread started, listening on port
.\pipe\sapcontrol_97

Webservice thread started, listening on port 59713

sapstart.trc

Starting WebService thread

SapSSLInit failed => https support disabled

Webservice named pipe thread started, listening on port
.\pipe\sapcontrol_97

Webservice thread started, listening on port 59713

The windows event log have the application events

(first)SAP Service SAP<SID>_<instance> successfully started.

(at the same time)

Failed to update service environment from user (STATOIL-NET\<sid>adm) environment. [ntservmgr.cpp 201]

(note that this doesn't happen for all systems which have this problem, for other there is no entry like this)

I see no failed login attemps in the security event log, but see the that a login is performed for SAPService<SID>.

Since it also fails to automatically startup when I restart the service, I am able to use filemon to see what happens at a file level. Here I see that it can access the shared file system without any problems, and can read the profile and everything.

MOM is running on the server and gets some Access denied errors since it doesn't have access to the shared file system, but I don't think that matters.

Cheers

Dagfinn

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Dagfinn

I think is correct that DI don't restart after restart of windows. I don't know if now is possible the autostart with a profile parameter. In my system I create a scheduled task that run script at system restart:

sapstart pf=
<host>\sapmnt\<SID>\sys\profile\<start profile> SAPDIAHOST=<host>

Let me know if there is another possibilty.

Best Regards

Giuseppe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After comparing with an old 6.40 system, I noticed that the 6.40 START_JC<instance>_<server> profile in /sapmnt/<SID>/profile/ had a parameter Autostart = 1 in the file before the copying of executables.

By setting the same parameter in the Java AS 7.00 system, automatic restart is performed

As far as I know this is an undocumented parameter, so I've asked SAP to document it in a note or at help.sap.com

Cheers

Dagfinn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dagfinn,

Can u give us which file to put Autostart = 1 ? Is it in Default.pfl ?

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

"Autostart =1 "parameter should be there in the START profile.Everytime after rebooting the server,this parameter automatically start the R3/Java system without manually starting it from MMC or JCMON.

patrik_spiess
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the tip. "Autostart=1" worked for me.

Regards,

Patrik

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi we are using sap bw 3.5 . database is oracle 9i

i applied a kernel patch and when i tried to start the services . there was no problem with the oracle services and saposcol but the service sap<sid>_nr did not start .

when i went to check the error in work folder ..

it say " SapSSLinit failed => https support disabled .

then i tried to start sap from cmd pmt . din`t work .

is there a way to statrt this ...

thanks alot.

arjun