Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Query works in Simulator VC but not in flash deploy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

This is the select that works in VC's simulator:

SELECT

"t1"."VUELO", "t1"."HORA SALIDA", "t1"."DURACION", "t1"."ORIGEN", "t1"."DESTINO", "t1"."DIAS"

FROM

"RPADMIN"."VUELOS_SEMANAL_EPN_VIRGO" "t1"

WHERE

"t1"."DIAS" LIKE <b>'%1%'</b>

ORDER BY "t1"."HORA SALIDA" ASC

The big problem seems to be the LIKE clause, I need to find all records that have the number one.

If I select the Simulator tab the data is bring on but If I perform a flash deploy a null message is display at app's execution. The system is well define and If I change the LIKE clause for LIKE <b>'1'</b> the flash app brings data (not all the records that contains the number 1).

Thanks a lot for the time on this thread.

RLS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This looks like the single quote problem. Replace them with double quotes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario Herger thanks for the answer.

I tried it before posting and the flash execution display "Query execution failed", if I test the app with the simulator no data is display.

I tried with something like: "%" & "1" & "%" that I found at some documentation and nothing....

Did you use a LIKE clause at VC using the % wildcard?

Thanks a LOT for your time.

RLS.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prakash Darj.

I read that PDF before starting the thread but I can't make it work...I read it once again and no luck...

My app is a basic one: start point with a link to a SQL statement linked to a result table

<b>The SQL sentences that work at the simulator don't work for a flex app, Did you know the reason?</b>

Often I get this error when deploying as flash app:

Error in executing a process for Flex compilation, Error 1103: There is no property with the name 'NEUQUEN'.

(D:\usr\sap\PD0\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\GUIMachine_Business_Packages\ModelName_20931\FLEX_COMPILATION_FOLEDR\AAD1W1.mxml:205)

Failed to compile AAD1W1.mxml

Is it that my VC is not working fine?

I want to know the reason for what the Simulator display the data and not the flex app...is the same app....

any Idea?

Thanks so much for the time on this thread and for your answer.

RLS

Former Member
0 Kudos

The simulator is used in the SQL Editor. In the guide, I mention to use the input port on the SQL data service instead of updating the SQL directly in the SQL Editor. You can overwrite whatever SQL is in the SQL Editor by using the "SQL Statement" on the input port. If you don't change anything in the SQL Editor, you won't have to worry about compilation and deployment errors.