cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sneak 2004s Sept 06: Problem with TMS (Transport hangs)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

I've installed the Sept. 2006 Version of the Sneak in which the installtion of the TMS part seems to have some major bugs.... Wanted to import some Transport-Files with Examples out of one of the SAP Books which I already successfully imported in one of the earlier Releases of the Sneak. Already had to add the DIR_TRANS parameter to the profile/TMS to be able to attach the Transport-File to the queue without getting an Error.

No i have the same problem I already had with one of the old Sneaks (solution then was to wait for a later release ;-). The prob is: Once attached, I start the Import which start successfully - and then never ends... The Import just hangs and says 'running'. And: once sap is shut down and I want to shutdown windows, I get an error of the TP.EXE which seems to run forever in the background. Seems the TP doesn't know where to send that Data...

Another thing is that this once started import will stay in the system marked 'import running' forever. Tried to delete the thing, shut down everything, even delete all the data in the trans dir. But as soon as I attach the transport-file to the queue again, the thing gets the status 'running'. how can I make the system stop the import, drop that thing and start all over again?

Anybody?

Thanks

Gerald

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check to make sure that RDDIMPDP is scheduled to run frequently.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank

already tried that, no diff... Transport doesnt want to give up his status 'running'...

Thanks

Gerald

Former Member
0 Kudos

STMS -> Import overview (f5)

Import Monitor (ctrl-f8)

Select the right node (the one with your tp number in it)

Right click & delete entry

Regards

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan

still problem with the import, but at least that running thing is solved easy if you know where to go

Thanks a lot

Gerald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerald,

maybe you are still waiting for a solution. Here it is:

I had the same problem: when starting an import, TP apparently hung up during import.

The first hint come from OSS note 556941: check the logfiles in [...]\trans\log\SLOGnnnn.NSP

This logfile stated that sapevt.exe couldn't invoke the event for triggering the RDDIMP job, details could be found in [...]\NSP\DVEBMGS00\work\dev_evt

There the error message was "*** ERROR ***: Cannot determine mshost"

This led me to OSS note 642464:

sapevt.exe needs a parameter mshost in
<hostname>\sapmnt\NSP\sys\profile\default.pfl

Now, after installing NSP and setting up the TMS, the file default.pfl is existing, but not in the directory mentioned.

So my solution was:

- create a directory d:\sapmnt

- create a share for this directory

- create the path d:\sapmnt\NSP\sys\profile within this share

- copy the default.pfl into this directory

and from now on, import was working properly.

Hope, that works for you as well

regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin

thanks for your reply and help. dont' want to invest more time in the problem, but will try your way with the next version of the sneak should the problem persist.

solved it for my sneak with starting program RDDIMPDP again and again while transport runs. of course, u could als schedule the job but as transports are not done very often here, I prefere the biomechanic approach

Regards

Gerald

Former Member
0 Kudos

see Note 449270 - Job RDDIMPDP is not triggered by sapevt:

maintain the transport profile parameter system_pf in your transport profile TP_DOMAIN_NSP.PFL. The system_pf parameter should be the

path to the DEFAULT.PFL for that SID. Example:

NSP/system_pf=d:\SAP\NSP\SYS\profile\DEFAULT.PFL

Answers (0)