cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which Release of AS is used with SAP Newaver 2004's ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i am a little bit confused: we signed a contract with sap and will upgrade from R/3 4.6.c to SAP ERP 2005 (ECC 6.0 with SAP Netweaver 2004's). We got the software package some weeks ago.

But i don't know WHICH Application Server Version we use ??? Is it 6.20 ? 6.40 ? Or 7.00 ???? I made a sap-education this week, a delta-course for abap 4.6.c -> 6.XX and 6.xx -> 7.

As i even don't know which version of web as we have in the above mentioned package. It is nowhere documented.

any ideas ?

regards, Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michael-john_turner
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Most of the NetWeaver components in NetWeaver 2004s are version 7. What was Basis 4.6C in R/3 4.6C is now NetWeaver AS ABAP 7.0 with ERP 2005. The reason that it is not that "clearly" documented is that NetWeaver is an integration platform with a synchronised release rather than a collection of components with different version numbers.

MJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks !

well, this is VERY confusing ! i think even sap has no control over their names

so can i be sure to have as 7.0 in my package (erp 2005, ecc 6.00 with netweaver 2004's) ??? And what does ecc 6.0. mean ? strange.................

regards, Martin

michael-john_turner
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes. Well, the version numbers are actually consistent - the names may have changed, but the numbering is logical

ERP 2005 definitely runs on NW AS ABAP 7.0 (as do all the other ABAP-based systems in NetWeaver 2004s, eg PI 7.0 and BI 7.0).

ECC = Enterprise Core Component (the successor to SAP R/3).

MJ

Answers (0)