cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need real time scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

As i am new to SAP XI an i am ABAPer. I just want to know the real time scenario that, what type of work we exactly have.

Regards

Satish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Satish,

Most of the current use of XI is when the integration landscape has an SAP system in it.

Most scenario will hence involve SAP to SAP integration or SAP to Legacy Systems integration involving ABAP proxies, idocs, and RFC calls with and without BPM as per requirments.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Do we need to code anywhere.

Regards

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish,

In XI most of the work is configuration. You may need to code for mapping if Graphical mapping can not b used for your scenario. Also coding is required at sender or receiver side when dealing with proxies

Regards,

Jai Shankar

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

satish,

Not much of coding. more of degining soultions and figuring things out and making things work

But, at times coding skills do matter and it sure is fun.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Real Time Scenarios are like below.

1 Poll File/Database and for same data create application document in SAP R/3 using IDOC ofcourse via XI.

2 Create Purchase Order/Sales order in SAP R/3 and using Idoc pass data to XI and this data can inturn go to a database or you can create file out of this.

You will be working on tool so most of the time you will be doing configuration .

Thanks,

Tuhin

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Wrong answer to the question.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Message was edited by:

Bhavesh Kantilal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think it is not related to my question.

Anyhow thanks for reply.

Regards

Satish