cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

doubt in adobe forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

like the way we use the program symbols in scripts i.e &KNA1-KUNNR&, the same way i guess we can use Angular brackets i.e {KNA1-KUNNR} in adobe forms to display the value of a variable..

but it seems procedure is somewhat different in adobe forms i think.. how to use that in adobe forms so as to display the value of a variable i'm not getting..

is anyone having any idea on this

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Go to Layout Window

choose text field-->tick the checkbox multiple line

Text Field with Multiple lines options checked. It does not overwrite the contents of next line .....Try this...........

This is correct way......

Regards

Manee R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shekar

1) I did say to put them in separate lines,

2) When the multiple line option is enabled, text will appear in the next line of the control and it will not over write the next line of the paragraph or your form.

try to place a Text Field with Multiple lines options checked. It does not overwrite the contents of next line for me. I am sure that will work the same way.

Hope this solves your problem.

Regards

Kathirvel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shekar

I got what you mean. In that case always try to put such variable whose size may increase and decrease in separate lines and set the "Allow Multiple Lines". This will not overlap but will start at the next line of the text. This is what I do here. May be you can give a try.

Regards

Kathirvel

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

but what will you do if u wants to display a paragraph consists of more than one line and if u set the 'multiple lines' option, can't it overlap onto the next time overwriting the next line characters...

we can use angular brackets i.e but there is something more to to use that.. i couldn't get that one..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shekar

In adobe forms things are much simpler. Goto the Layout in the adobe form designer, and you can find all parameters in the Data Grid. Just drag and drop that to your PDF page. The data gets mapped automatically.

Regards

Kathirvel

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi kathirvel,

yes we have that option.. but it could give formatting problems particularly when you want to display the variable in between a text i mean in between a paragraph.

formatting problems like appearing too many blank spaces or overwriting the next characters may occur.. i.e when u drag and drop the field, even if u set the 'set autowidth' option, there's a chance it will overlap the next text appearing in the paragraph.. i guess ur got may point..

is there any solution for this