cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TMSADM: Initial password expired

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear community,

I've a urgent question, because the SAP support hasn't answered yet and I have got to fix the problem.

Because of security reasons we changed the following instance Parameters:

login/password_max_new_valid = 1 (The initial password of new users is only valid on the day of creation)

login/password_max_reset_valid = 1 (The initial password of an reseted user account is only valid on the day of change)

Now we have an problem with our Transport Management System (STMS) and the used communication user TMSADM. One day after the change of the parmters we always got an login prompt when we wanted to see the import queue of the systems in transaction STMS. When I start a authority-check in transaction SM59 for the RFC TMSADM@SID.DOMAIN_SID Iget the error "The initial password has expired; request a new one".

Now comes my question. Does anyone know how to fix the problem? I havn't found any solution in the SAP Service Marketplace and the SAP Support only wrote me that I should check the note 761637 and 713622, which don't fit exactly to my problem.

I'm searching now for an possibility to set an password for an communication or CPIC user. When I set an password in SU01 I can only set an initial password. So does anyone knows how to do? E.g.: when I have an dialog user i can change the password at startup, but how can I change it at an communication user?

Another posibilty is to run the check of the initialpassword not for the user TMSADM. Is this possible and if yes who can me tell how?

Please help me, I'm in urgent trouble, because me colleagues are angry about this result of changement.

Many thanks in advance.

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved on my own.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think that it is an good idea to change the password on the database. The values are only saved as hash-values and so it is not possible.

Further I found a solution on my own to fix the problem. I changed the user type from communiction to dialog and so I set the password in the dialog screen at login.

After that I changed the user type to communication aggain.

It works. I've just tested it and the next days I will take the change for our productive system.

Bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi michael

I think you can enter in the database level....USR40 tables and try changing the password.This way when u change it should work..But I'm not ver sure.I'll try to gather some info on this and post it ASAP.

---Subbu