cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling proxy on IS client workaround

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an interface to BI to report upon XI performance/runtime data.

( so XI is also the sender system )

Unfortunately, it's not possible to do a client proxy call on the IS client itself.

What is the most easy workaround from an ABAP client to send a maessage to the interface ?

regards

Dirk

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

RFC!

Call the RFC via an ABAP:

CALL FUNCTION <YOURRFC>

IN BACKGROUND TASK

DESTINATION <RFC-DESTINATION> * = XI

TABLES

YourTable = <yourParameter>.

Regards Mario

null

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario

Could you elaborate on that ?

I have a outbound message interface definition in XI.

How could i use that to setup an RFC sender scenario from my XI client ?

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

to resume your requirement:

You need to send some data from a SAP system to XI?

All right?

Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

As in the original post : I need to send data from XI to BI ( over XI )

( XI is in this case also the sender system that delivers the data )

The receiver side is setup ok ( as proxy receiver in BI ).

But the sender ( the XI IS client itself ) needs to send a message in the defined outbound message interface format. Most easy option is normally to generate client proxy. But that doesn't work in this case.

Your suggestion to use RFC would be ok if you have a kind of 'RFC' generator that would transform the message interface into a ( dummy ) RFC FM on the XI client ( only the FM definition is necessary, the body doesn't matter )

Then I could use RFC sender as apparently you need to have the RFC defined somewhere for picking up the metadata.

( and it's not possible to give e.g. the message interface itself as a source for the metadata in the RFC sender channel )

I can of course create the RFC myself in this case manually as it is not that complex.

So this is probably still the most easy workaround,

thx and rgds

Dirk

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dirk,

Using a report scheduled with sender RFC is one option.

Another option though a bit more difficult, is explained in this blog ( using ABAP proxies ) which was published yesterday very clearly, take a look at it too

/people/community.user/blog/2006/11/16/step-by-step-realize-your-bpm-scheduling-capability

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi bavesh,

I did also consider using another XI client ( acting just like any other application system ) as well but it did seem like overkill to create a extra client only for this purpose..

And in my case, the client proxy is not a dummy message but a message with actual data from the IS client. So I would have also needed to use a 'client specified' trick to read data from another client.

So it does seem indeed more complex,

Thanks for your suggestions

Dirk

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dirk,

><i>but it did seem like overkill to create a extra client only for this purpose..</i>

I agree. Not worth the maintenance and support cause.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Answers (0)