Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect R/3 system to C++

padma_guda
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know if there is any documentation available on how to connect to a c++ system from SAPR/3. Whats the configuration/setup that needs to be done on both ends if I am using RFC library?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michael-john_turner
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If you want to go that route, you can use the RFCSDK, which contains the necessary headers and shared libraries to connect to an SAP NW AS ABAP system using RFC or CPIC. You can find the SDK on the Presentation CD if I'm not mistaken - it contains a complete set of samples and documentation.

One thing to remember - the SDK is only available for platforms that are supported by NW AS ABAP - you won't be able to use it on a platform not supported by SAP.

MJ

michael-john_turner
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Something I forgot to mention - you can also use the SAP Connector for .NET with Visual Studio 2003, if that's your development environment - see http://service.sap.com/connectors for more information. C++ doesn't run on the CLR, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

MJ

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To be able to call external C++ services from ABAP, you need to maintain the information about the C++ server ( its gateway location, activation type, progrm ID etc) under a logical destination as TCP/IP connection in SM59.

gateway Location: its the IP adress of SAP gateway service

Activation Type: This tells the method in which the server program is invocated.

'S' - started server - This means that the C++ server program is

activated every time you call from ABAP.

'R' - Regsiterd server program - These programs are started

autonomously without R/3 interventon. They register

themselves in the R/3 Gateway. Program ID : This is the name by which, the external server identifies itself in

R/3.

After you define a logical destination with these attributes, you can use them to call from ABAP programs with CALL FUNCTION 'X' DESTINATION 'Y' statement.

You can find additional information at .

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/91/00c47831d3ce4aad5253c1e021e525/frameset.htm