cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

table column header caption as hyperlink

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi I am trying to populate data from RFC / BAPI and put them in a table. I need to know whether the column header / caption can be a hyperlink, where in on click will go to another view. i.e the column header must be a hyperlink to a seperate /new window.

please let me know how to do about it ? another query is about sorting, is there any default way of adding sorting process in a table for a column. Thanks for the help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Yes, coulmn as onAction event, you can create event handler and navigate to another view via firing outbound plug

2. This topic already discussed on this forum. Try this link or serach forum.

Btw, your navigation requirements and sorting will use the same event on column, so it is either or option

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help, I understand, that either I can have a sorting action writtin for the entire column or a hyperlink on the header name with a action. so its not possible to have both on the column ? please clarify.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you have single event handler tha could do either from below (but not both)

1. Works as navigation hyperlink

2. Triggers sorting to Ascending / Descending order

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks a lot for the reply. I have some 10-15 columns which has data in single digits, so I used to width property of the column to reduce to the desired number of pixels. however, my column header label is bigger than the data. Is there anyway, i can reduce the width of header caption of the column, wrap it and show as two columns ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sathya

If you are happy with the answers , spread the love like what Mark says give points

Regards

Pran