Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Procesing Huge Message via JDBC Receiver adapter

former_member181928
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a scenario where i have a very large message which is coming from an abap proxy and i have a BPM and then i have to send that message to a SQL server database table. My problem is that the message contains 150000 records. When i send the data from the abap proxy the JDBC adapter is not able to deliver such a huge message to the database.

Is there a solution to some how break the messages and send it to receiver JDBC adapter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nilesh,

There is no direct way to split your message.

1. Use a BPM and split your message and send them sequentially in chinks to the JDBC .

2. use MultiMapping and split the message into multiple messages -- Am not sure if this would solve the issue though.

As you are using ABAP proxies, why dont you ask the sending application to itself split the data?

Regards,

Bhavesh

former_member181928
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh

I am now splitting the mesasges in the abap proxy in small chunks and the proxy sends these packets in an interval of 2 minutes.In the BPM i am receiving these , transforming these and sending them in a loop . But ill have to maintain an order in which the messages are received as i have to insert them into the table in the same order as i receive them. So i had specified a same EOIO queue for all the send steps but when i do this all the messages get collected in the adapter in the holding state . It seems the adapter send all the mesage at the end . If i remove the EOIO queue the message are delivered separately but i am not sure of the the order of the insertion in the table.

Please suggest.

regards

Nilesh Taunk

Message was edited by:

Nilesh Taunk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nilesh,

For a BPM, you need to specify the queue name in the send step that sends msgs to your data base and not in the commn. channel..

Regards,

Jai Shankar...

former_member181928
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Jai Shankar...

Thanks for the information but that is exactly what i have done.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nilesh,

Quick question, why are you using a BPM if your sender system is going to send data in Chunks?

For multiple Inerstion into the DB, you can create multiple ACCESS Tags inside the STATEMENT tag. The data will be inserted one after the other in an EOIO and this will be handled by the JDBC adapter itself.

Also, you can set the transaction handling to serializable to ensure transcational consistency.

Regards,

Bhavesh

former_member181928
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Bhavesh

I have got three steps in my Business process first i have to delete the table , when that is successful i have insert all the records in the table and only these 2 steps are successful i have call a stored procedure as a notificaton that the entire process has executed successfully therefore i cannot do without a BPM.

former_member181928
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi bhavesh

If i am having multiple chunks coming from abap proxy i will have multiple sets of Statement1

access 1

access 2

Statement 2

access 1

access 2

Statement n

access 1

access 2

So will this Structure also ensure EOIO.

regards

Nilesh Taunk

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nilesh,

I can confirm that the EOIO will be maintained for multiple ACCESS between a single statement.

Am not sure of the other Multiple Statements though.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Are you able to see wether the huge message mentioned is getting into XI server ?

Can you do some log from message monitoring which will make to identify where the issue lies ..

Nanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to change timouts settings in XI. Please read Michal's blog:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/06/08/xi-timeouts-timeouts-timeouts

The best solution is to split it in your proxy call. Of course if it's possible.

Regards,

wojciech