cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Installation in a Virtualization Environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Is it possible to install MDM 5.5 in a virtualization environment (i.e. VMWare)? Are there any specific requirements for this?

Thanks in advanced.

Regards,

Zulfikar Dharmawan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can absolutely do it. What platform are you going to be running it on? I have seen it run on UNIX and Windows platforms on VMWare ESX and it works fine. Just make sure that enough space is allocated to the virtual machine, because trying to extend virtual machines once they have had SAP instances installed on them can be a nightmare (at least, in Windows it can be).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harrison,

Thanks for the reply. Further, is it also possible to install the Master Data server and Import and Syndication server on a separate virtual machine but on the same physical machine? I'm using Windows 2003 Server.

Regards,

Zulfikar Dharmawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, It is possible to separate the Import/Syndication Servers from the MDM Server. One important thing to keep in mind during virtualization is that the memory and page file size is set properly. The amount of memory depends upon the no of records, record width and the complexity of the data model.

Answers (0)