cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.Net conector 2.0 proxy Wizard does not launch on Win XP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed .Net connector 2.0, I was following the readme.txt, trying add a new sap.connector proxy class to my project, but it does not launch, I have a MS XP OS, with latest service pack, and I have sun jre1.4, I have search the internet for more than two days in vain. please help.

Thanks

Yu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please see FAQ (available at the same download location as the connector): There is no Wizard to lauch.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SAP .NET Connector Wizard does not open for me in following step:

5. Add proxy classes to connect the Web applications to your SAP server.

a. In the Solution Explorer, right-click on your project.

b. Choose Add. Add new item.

c. Select Web Project Items.

SAP Connector Class and choose Open.

The SAP .NET Connector Wizard opens.

d. Decide from where you want to generate the proxy classes.

Proxies can be created from

- Web Services Description Language (WSDL) files that originate in an SAP interface repository (IFR)

- An SAP server

- Standard WSDL files

e. Select the client proxy object type and select beautify names option.

f. Select the Remote Function Modules (RFM) you want to use in your proxy object.

You can use search filters to look for the Remote Function Modules. In the example, enter the search argument RFC_CUST* in Name-Filter and select RFC_CUSTOMER_GET.

g. Add the modules to your proxy object and choose NEXT.

The proxy classes for the referenced table and structure types are automatically created and added to the project.

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You refer to some 1.x docuementation. As I said there is no wizard anymore in 2.0. Please see FAQ.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your prompt reply, could you please give me the link, for some reason, I could not get back to it.

by the way, this is team member of Brian.

Thanks

Yu

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

http://service.sap.com/connectors -> SAP .NET Connector -> Downloads -> FAQ

or my WebLog

/people/reiner.hille-doering/blog/2004/10/04/more-sap-net-connector-20-news

Message was edited by: Reiner Hille-Doering

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the links, I am reading FAQ pdf file line by line, I ran into problem again, in Server explore, there is not "Sap" node, nor there is any "Application Server" node, following is the tree view of my server explore:

"Data Connection---

Servers----

mylocalservername--

SapCri01(our Sap dev svr name)--

which I added, it looks like a MS server.

I need to connect to our CRM server using .net connector 2.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to click the refresh button located at the top of the server explorer window (not "right click -> refresh").

Regards,

Ofer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank u so much for your quick response, it does work, I hope I will be all right from now on.

Appreciate it very much...

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What edition of Visual Studio do you have (Book, Standard, Professional, Enterprise)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

VS 2003 Architect edition.

by the way, I can generate SAPProxy1.sapwsdl, It looks like that this is wsdl file, how a proxy1 or SAPProxy1 class got generated?

P.S.: never mind, I found the proxy.cs file generate along the sapproxy1.sapwsdl. I will ask for help later, when questions arise.

Message was edited by: Yuwen Li

Message was edited by: Yuwen Li