cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMTP FAX ( Country code faxnumber FAX=+CountrycodeNNNN@domain.com)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends

We are in the process of implementing the outbound fax functionality from SAP via SMTP to GS Fax server.

We have done all the required configurations. But when we send the fax using SO00 or ME9F(PO Send), fax server is not able to interpret the recipient address generated by SAP.

Recipient address

"BH 62737373 FAX=+97362737373@domain.com"

This is issues is surrounded by two problems.

1.... Why SAP is sending the internal format details to external server(BH 6273*). And how do we can supress this.

2. .... How do we supress FAX= .... In fact I have defined domain as $@domain in scot as per the recommendations given in one of the thread.

By doing this FAX=+ is surpressed but fax number is duplicated without dailing(+) code.

Looking forward to hear positive response from your end.

Regards

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the clarification. I will check it up with the mail server administrators.

For academic purpose, would you please let me know how $@ (in SCOT) represents in replacing FAX= address type. Would you please let me know the concept behind this.

Regards

Kumar

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

the 'FAX=+number@defaultDomain'

is default if you do not enter anything.

If you enter something the $ has special meaning it will be replaced with the international number format. The other caracters will left unchanged.

I hope it clarifies.

Best regards,

Dezso

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr.Dezso

Many thanks for your input.

Regards

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dezso.

Since Our Basis team is not available, I am handling this issue. In fact I am from MM Functional side. Hence, I require your help in looking at SMTP Server settings..

Could you please specify which SMTP parameter I need to look into in SAP and how to go about it... is it through R transaction.

Please advise.

Regards

Kumar

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

These settings are not in your SAP System, but in your Mail system. We are not experienced with various mail systems. I would recommend you to ask this from your mailserver administrator, or in an expert forum of your mail system provider.

Best regards,

Dezso Pap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dezso

Thanks for your valuable input. Before I proceed I would like to brief you the details of our setup. In our environment SAP SMTP is interfaced to Lotus Domino mail server. And mail server receives the requests from SAP and routs to internet gateway and then to fax server. In this scenario the expected format of fax should be +973999999@IMS.COM.BH.But currently it is not happening this way.

The following is the information is taken from the trace file ICM. Before

Scenario 1: Send PO through fax BH 17611347

SCOT domain Parameter :Domain = (domain name)

Results in ICM = To: "BH 17611347" <FAX=+97317611347@IMS.COM.BH>

Results in Fax server = To Fax number: BH 17611347 FAX=+97317611347

Louts domino server is not able to interpret the above format (FAX=).

-

Scenario 2: Send PO through fax BH 17611347

SCOT domain Parameter :Domain = ($@domain name)

Results in ICM = To: "BH 17611347" 97317611347@IMS.COM.BH

Results in Fax server = To: BH 17611347<b>973611347</b>

****Status failure

In this case country dialing code (00/+) is also supressed and sap internal number format (BH 17611347) also send as fax number.

-

I would very much if you could provide the possible solution to overcome the situation.

Regards

Kumar

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hallo,

1. The easier part. The + sign can be added using:

+$@domain name

in the Tr. SCOT Fax domain field.

2. The hevy part:

the format "BH 17611347" <+97317611347@IMS.COM.BH>

is correct SMTP format

"BH 17611347" is the display name

<+97317611347@IMS.COM.BH> is the recipient.

This conforms the SMTP standrad RFC2822.

Can you please check your SMTP Server settings, wether it can accept this format?

Best regards,

Dezso Pap

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

can you please turn on the level 3 trace for the ICM reproduce the problem and check how the address leaves the SAP System?

As I wrote above the $ will be replaced with the internation faxnumber all other parts of the entry in Tr. SCOT will be passed as written.

Best regards,

Dezso