cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reducing the size of the barcode in sf

Former Member
0 Kudos

friends,

I need to print material no. and another two fields in barcode in Smartforms...what are the steps in detail to create a barcode font and incorporate that for the desired fields in SF? I have created a System barcode in se73, created a style in smartstyle and included that in the Sf, but am not able to get the desired size of the barcode, it's coming really big...i am confused as to how to incorporate that barcode in Standard Settings and Font family in Smartstyles..i have tried reducing the size of ithe barcode font, but it's not reflecting in the output..i have read the old posts and some sites, but was not really helpful..there were in some posts mentioned that we have to create a printer barcode rather than system barcode..pl help me as to what are the procedures to create a barcode, barcode font, apply that in smartstyles and finally in the SF, and get the desired size? because, i have tried this many no. of times and not able to get that in the output, the size is not getting reduced...where am i going wrong? helpful answers will be rewarded..thanks all...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

but again, i already have a printer bar code defined, i have incorporated that in my smartstyles...and i have included that style for the fields that i want barcode..but the size is coming larger...i want to know how to reduce that size of the barcode? even if i reduce the size in the smartstyles, i am getting a disfigured barcode...just help me on this..

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi satish,

Usually BASIS people do that. Its just like any other font uploading. or you can use any existing fonts, we do have barcode fonts available in standard SAP.

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

ragu

thx for ur reply... but can u be more specific as to the first step...i mean, how to import those bar code fonts to SAP thru se73? will basis people do that or we have to do it? kind of unclear about it..expecting ur reply..

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First let me shed some light on the background.

Import the Barcodes Fonts to SAP thru' SE73.

Create Character formats with Barcode fonts, that you have imported.

Configured the Device type in SAP (Usually done by basis).

and All you need to check is

1. Whether the printer supports Barcode. If it does not support barcode, then you will need to buy a DIMM card or barcode.dll file. You can get a demo file from net.

2. You need to install DIMM Card to your printer. or You need to install Barcode.dll file in SAPLpd directory in the front end PC.

or

3. You can buy software that you can upload in your SAP print Server that will convert the barcode symbology as an image that will print on a regular laser printer. But option results in less sharper barcodes. This option is really if you need to convert a large quantity of printers (>10) to support barcodes.

For complete information always you can go to SAP Help.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d9/4a94c851ea11d189570000e829fbbd/content.htm

Feel free to revert back.

Resizing will depend on character format if you have done the above said things.

--Ragu