cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reimporting IDOC causing Problems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

As few fields have been added to the IDOC,I have reimported the IDOC again in the usage component.

Now the problem is : The IDOC got updated in the Usage Component but its not getting reflected in the basis Component of my SCV.I m using this basis idoc every where , so it has to be reflected here.

I wonder this should happen automatically, but in vain. Plz let me know do we need to do any other settings so that the basis components will take the new imported IDOCs from the usage component.

Regards

DhanyaR Nair

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dhanya,

<b>For idoc metadata there is no automatic refresh.</b> If IDoc metadata is changed, you must force a manual refresh. To clear the cache, you can usetransaction IDX2 or the report IDX_RESET_METADATA.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh and Laxmi Thanks for the reply.

Thats true that we have to change the metadata in IDX2. But my problem is different.

1 have two SCV : say SCV1 and SCV2.

SCV1 has usage dependency on SCV2 i.e all the imported objects of SCV2 will be seen in the BasisObjects of SCV1.

Now i have imported the IDOC in SCV2 and it has 3 new fields, but the IDOC seen in SCV1 still has the old field , it not getting refreshed. What should be done for this?

Regards

Dhanya

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dhanya,

The idoc of SWCV2 are you using it in some mapping of SWCV1?

if yes, just reload the idoc in the mapping as the source / target message type and check if the change is reflected?

If still no success, try a cache refresh.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yah Bhavesh, i m using it in SCV1 mappings, and unable to get the updated ones.In interface mapping we can only select the IDOC from SCV1 basis,and that is not updated

I tried updating cache also. There is no option to reload the data in Basis Objects. It is made to be auto updated according to the Usage Comp Objects.

Is it related to SLD where we maintain the usage dependency of SCVs. I m really confused now.

Regards

Dhanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can u try to change Dependency Context to Meta data request.

Thanks,

Tuhin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tuhin

will u plz expalin how this can b done.

Thanks

Dhanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhanya,

As u said the dependency has to get reflected.

May be u can try these two options.

1. Do a dummy change to ur Software components and activate them and check if the changes get reflected.

2. Re-import the SWCV that includes the Basis Component form SLD.

Regards,

Sudharshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Dependency Context you can set while you set dependency in SLD .

There three types of Dependency Context Build time,install time and metadata request.So create all 3 Dependency .

Change IDOc and reimport and reactivate.

I have tested for ZRFC it is working fine.

Thanks,

Tuhin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies.

I tried MetaData Request also, for some IDOC it got reflected that too after a long time and for some it still dont reflect in basis object.

Its strange !!

Regards

Dhanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone.

Finally i got to solve this problem with the help of our colleague Naresh Purohit.

steps:

1. import the IDOC to the imported objects of the SCV where u wish to get the refreshed IDOC in Basis Object.

2. Save and Activate it. Then this one got reflected to its basis object IDOC.

3.Now Delete the IDOC imported in step one.

We did not touched the Actual SCV2 on which SCV1 was dependent.

Thanks for all ur help.

Regards

Dhanya

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

plz chk whether u hv reimported the IDOC meta data (IDX2).

regards