cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to attach a MS Word document to Quotation/Sales Order?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

Can somebody let me know how to attach MS Word documents in Quotation (VA 21) or Sales Order (VA01) screens

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can do it yourself without basis help. Follow the following steps.

From the VA02 go to System -> User Profile -> Own Data

You will reach a new screen. Select the 3rd view "Parameters"

Add one more line with Parameter ID as SD_SWU_ACTIVE and parameter value as "X". Save

Now when you go to any document with VA02. Services for Objects will appear to the left of "CHANGE SALES ORDER xxxxx : OVERVIEW".

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ashish,

The answer which you have given is working well.

But I want the same functionality in Delivery, Shipment and Invoices too.

Can you please help me in finding the parameters for these areas.

Thanks in advance.

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkateshwarlu Cheedella,

Nice meeting you,

I have seen your message regarding document attachment to Quotation and Sales Order posted in SDN-SAP forums, I am also facing the same kind of problem, where I have to attach a hardcopy in Quotation and it has to flow down to Sales order, Delivery and Invoice Documents.

If you could already find the answer, Please share it with, Your help will be highly appreciated. expecting favorable response soon,

Raghu Ram

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

It's very good suggestion.

I have been following up the suggestion, but i can't click 'Create attachment' button (tcode: va02 :- Services for Object -> Create -> Create attachment).

How do i should do?

Thanks,

Autsnee P.

Edited by: Autsnee Phuangchaisri on Dec 18, 2007 6:24 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

S-Note : 546937

1. In Release 4.70, the object services for Transactions VA02/VA03 were deactivated in the SAP Standard System (for performance reasons). However, the object services can be reactivated individually by setting user/profile parameter SD_SWU_ACTIVE = X.

2. The object services are only available for dialog users, that is, if you choose user type 'Dialog' for the corresponding user on the 'Logon data' screen in Transaction SU01.

also read 530153.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank form Ashish reply.

my sap system version is 4.6B,and i logon on sap by Dialog type.

ths..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashish,

Is there a way we can have the 'services for objects' icon show up in transactions such as VK11 and VK12. I have written to OSS and I am waiting for their response. Just trying all avenues for answer.

Transactions VD01/VA01.... are all fine. But it is pricing master that is missing the ICON. The parameter id is set to SD_SWU_ACTIVE.

Thanks,

Padma

former_member229034
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Padma,

May I please know how you got the "Services for Object" icon activated for the transaction VA01. Actually I need to configure the "Services for Object" icon for two transactions- VA01 and also VA41. could you please help me resolve this issue. Your reply is most awaited.

Thank you,

Chaitanya.C.N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii Padma,

Can u able to attache file in VA01 screen pls let me knoe?

Regards,

Padma

Former Member
0 Kudos

but i can modify the user profile,,it occurs error just as follow

Parameter ID SD_SWU_ACTIVE does not exist

Message no. 01 037

Former Member
0 Kudos

For this you need authorization for SU3 , that is why Siva told you to take basis help perhaps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hip Hip hurrayyyyy It is done...Thanks a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

To activate "Serives for object" you have to pass parameter SD_SWU_ACTIVE with "X" as value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish, Siva and all

I am not able to find this perticular icon(i.e service for Object) in the VA02 screen. Looks like, to see this Icon, some settings have to be done. My colleague says Document Management System (DMS) has to be activated first and only then this icon will appear on VA02 screen (I am not sure though).

Please help to solve this problem

Message was edited by:

Monnappa Mac

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Contact your Basis team and ensure that the required Authorisation is maintained for your user ID. This could be one possible reason!

Thanks,

Siva

Message was edited by:

Sivasubramanian Senguttuvan

Former Member
0 Kudos

DMS is completely different. This is another option to attach MS file to any SAP document. DMS need not be activated for "services for object".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I just checked with the BASIS, they say I have been given authourisation to all modules & functions., They ask if it is because of the version we use that we are not able to see that icon on VA02 screen. Btw I use ECC version. Do u all think this icon is not seen because of new version? If possible please send me a screen shot to master7479@yahoo.com

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please use the "Services for Object" Icon just below the menu bar in the Sales order overview screen for attaching any document into the sales order. Once you get into the drop down, select Create - Create Attachment" option.

The attachment can be viewed from the same icon! In the drop down, select Attachment list!

Hope, this helps!

Thanks

Siva

• Sorry,when I opened the message for replying, no one had replied till then. ***

Message was edited by:

Sivasubramanian Senguttuvan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mac,

There is an icon "Services for object" at the top left corner in VA02 edit sales order. You can attach MS word document thru this. Create - Create attachement.

Similar step is for VA22.

Thanks,

Ashish