cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plz help me: Error msg when installing SAP netweaver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to install NetWeaver on my local system. I am not able to proceed further to install SAP NetWeaver 2004's.

When ever I am running SAPinst.exe file I am getting a prompt that says "Network input/output exception has occurred: Connection reset java.net.SocketException: Connection reset" and then it will ask for host and port number. I entered the local host name and port number as 21212. then I am getting a msg saying "Could not connect to host [HOST NAME] on port 21212. java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect"

I installed all required JAVA components like Java Runtime Environment, Java SDK and JAVA JDK. I verified all environmental variables. I created a new connection with MS loopback adaptor. I disabled all other network cards available on my system. I entered required info in HOST file and SYSTEM file in %windows/system32/drivers/etc% folder.

After trying 2 - 3 times I tried to change the port number as mentioned in installation guide also ( using sapinst.exe SAPINST_DIALOG_PORT=<free_port_number_sapinst_gui_to_gui_server> GUISERVER_DIALOG_PORT=<free_port_number_gui_server_to_sapinst_gui> command in command line) . But no Luck.

Can any one help me, what else shall I do to proceed further. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Farooq.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Farooq,

please verify this:

- the JRE version you have installed is correct with the Product Availanility Matrix (http://service.sap.com/pam)

- You should not need to install MS loopback adaptor if you available network adapters and a LAN

- Try to ping your host with: "ping [hostname]" and "ping -a [hostname]" and verify the solved names are the same

- Telnet ports 21200 and 21212. Must not be an answer (Also netstat command will give you a list of opened ports)

- Turn off any running firewall

Please let me know the results.

Regards,

Gustav

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks ton for answering my question friends. Now I am able to go further. The problem was with JDK and Loopbackadaptor. I had 1.5.0_09 version which SAP dont support and as you all said loopback adaptor was not required. Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same problem time ago, I just tried executing the other "setup" files on the SAP directory instalator.. one of them skip that screen and let you start with the installation...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You do not require to install MS loopback adapter if you are in a LAN.I think this should have created this error message.

--Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is an option when starting the sapinst program to avoid starting up an installation GUI and instead wait for a connection from a remote installation console. I believe it is:

./sapinst -nogui (or something very similar, check the installation guide)

The server will now wait for a response from your terminal. Use the remote installation program and enter the port number of the server. If you just run the sapinst program without the nogui flag you may run into some issues. And make sure your versions match up. I have run into an issue before where I didn't realize I was using a verion of the remote installation program that didn't match up with sapinst server program.

Message was edited by:

Harrison Holland