cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to convert the sender service to ALE logical system

Former Member
0 Kudos

When trying to process a message through XI to ECC I am recieving an error. In the runtime workbench I am getting an adapter failure error, however in SXMB_MONI I am recieving an error in the XML soap trace that says:

"unable to convert sender service MDM to an ALE logical system"

MDM --> XI --> ECC

Does that error ring any bells to anyone? It makes me think that there is something wrong with the ALE from XI to ECC, but I have double checked everything and I don't think that's where the error lies. Any thoughts?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try as Moorthy said...

Are you using Business Service.. In Integration Directory open the Business Service and form the mesnu Service-->Adapter Specific Parameter

maintain the logical system name for the sender system.

Regards,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the ECC box, I have set up it's adapter-specific parameters as that blog demonstrates. As for the MDM box, I have set that up as a third party product (for prototype purposes), and in the SLD I defined it's logical system name, however in the integration builder in it's adapter-specific parameters there is no option to check with system landscape directory, I think that's because there is a party associated with it, and it's defined as a business service. Is that how it should be?

Party -> Business Service -> MDM (MDMLOG)

Service without Party -> Business System -> ECC (RS1CLNT100)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you check the option of Header Mapping in the Receiver Agreement of Idoc adapter . try out this.. give your Sender Service Name over there...

Regards,

Moorthy

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>>>> I think that's because there is a party associated with it, and it's defined as a business service. Is that how it should be?</i>

It is because of the Business Service... and check with SLD makes no sense as it will not be in SLD

You go in the edit mode and maintain some value in the logical system name it will work.

Regards,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah I made a big mistake in my interface that I just realized from an architectual standpoint. I just added the sender machine as a business system in system landscape directory, and changed the sender system to have no party and be a business system. So now it looks like this:

Service without Party -> Business System -> MDM (MDMLOG)

Service without Party -> Business System -> ECC (RS1CLNT100)

I'm going to give this a try, I'll let you all know if it works now. Thanks for the help.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys, it works end to end now.

Excel -> MDM -> XI -> ECC -> IDocs

Just for reference in case anyone else has a similar issue, I had configured the standard ALE, which is why I was confused about the error, however I had not configured the IDoc adapter correctly. Transactions IDx1 and IDx2 in my XI box solved the issue, then adding the port for IDoc adapter to the outbound communication channel.

Message was edited by:

Harrison Holland

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Check out if your business system in SLD is pointing to correct R/3 system

2. go to integration directory->open business system and go to menu Services->Adapter Specific Identifiers and give the RFC destination over there which points to R/3 system- check out -/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/02/23/configuration-steps-required-for-posting-idocsxi

3. Refresh the cache - SLD Cache refresh from Environment->SLD cache refresh

4. Hope RFC destination (SM59 ) entry etc is correct

Hope this helps,

Regards,.

moorthy

null