cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaxDB errors-password change and Xserver running

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I installed the project Argo preview early yesterday(Based on NW WebAS on MaxDB) to evaluate it's capabilities. It installed fine then, but since then, I have uninstalled and am now attempting to re-install it. When I do, it fails on trying to change the passwords of the SUPERDBA user:

MaxDB: Setting password for user SUPERDBA

MaxDB: command failed: <DBMException -24988 ERR_UNKNOWN unknown error>

and then fins Xserver running (which it should be, I think..)

Wed Nov 15 18:27:06 EST 2006 MaxDB: Calling: "c:/sapdb/programs/bin/x_server.exe" start

MaxDB: 18641 ERROR: XSERVER is already running!

and attempts to drop the database instance and then tries to connect again?:

Wed Nov 15 18:27:06 EST 2006 MaxDB: dropping database instance: JP2

Wed Nov 15 18:27:06 EST 2006 MaxDB: Try to establish connection to JP2

Wed Nov 15 18:27:06 EST 2006 MaxDB: command failed: <DBMException -24950 ERR_USRFAIL User authorization failed>

I don't understand why that is happening, (drop and then try to reconnect.) I've uninstalled and cleaned this thing out a couple of times now...(thoroughly, I think)

Has anyone seen a similar message?

Thanks in advance,

Troy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

francesco_alborghetti
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Troy,

I had the same problem installing SAPNWAS Java EE5 and after some check I understood that the problem was in the password lenght.

MaxDB administrator password may not have more than 9 characters.

I hope this help.

Francesco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francesco,

Yes! That's it exactly! (I should have updated this thread...)

The password that you set in the Project Argo install becomes the admin password for the J2EE Engine admin accounts as well as the MaxDB instance. Their required/permitted passwords are different, however, and the installation does not check/enforce this. By setting a standardized pw, (under 9 characters, very simple) I worked around this problem.

This may not adhere to your security policy, but this is just a demo installation anyways.

Thanks for your response,

Troy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Troy,

-> Could you please let me know, how did you uninstall the database software? Did you use the 'sdbuninst' tool? Or you deleted the database software manually?

-> Are you SAP customer?

-> If you are SAP customer, please review the SAP notes:

599129 Using SDBUNINST to uninstall MaxDB/SAP DB software

572836 Deleting the SAP DB Registry and service entries

Thank you & best regards, Natalia Khlopina