cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to update Plant Address in SRM - User Attributes still show old Plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on SRM 4.00, using Extended Classic Scenario.

There has been a change in R/3 to a plant address, and would like to know what BADI or program can be run in SRM to update the address details so that these can be the same in SRM.

When in PPOMA_BBP, the Plant Business Partner address details displayed are still referencing the old value, when the initial sync was peformed.

Is there a program that can be used to update? Like what we do for storage locations (BBP_ATTR_TEXT_REFRESH ( for LAG)?

I have heard of BBP_LOCATIONS_GET_FROM_SYSTEM, but is this the right program to run? What will this pull in?

Or do we need to manually update in SRM directly?

Also what table do plant and storage location address details reside?

Thank you for any help

Bill

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Contacted SAP on this, they indicated that the best way to process address level changes is to use MANAGE BUSINESS PARTNERS and perform the changes within that program,. I was able to successfully perfom that by entering in the LOCATION value corresponding to the plant and performing the changes.

This process, coupled with the Tcode for updating NAME1 and NAME2 fields is currently the only way to perform this. that Transaction is

BBP_LOCATION_SET_T001W_NAME

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will check on this, I see that i can now at least review the address detials in SRM by look at table BBPV_BUPA_ADDR which will provide the address information,. but i was not able to perform any update using the function module. I have sent an OSS note to SAP to provide further details. Will keep this open until I hear back. thx again

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found that using the following will perofrm an update to the NAME1 and NAME2 references.

But I am still not able to update the address.

BBP_LOCATION_SET_T001W_NAME

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi William,

I don't know of any standard report of Function module which will directly update the addrress of location , however you can develop a custom report for update of addreess of plant from R/3 to SRM using the Function module "BUPA_ADDRESSES_GET' , "BUPA_ADDRESS_CHANGE" and table 'ADDR'.

use " BUPA_ADDRESS_GET" to get address number using the partner id of location.

search on table 'ADDR" with the address number to get the address detail .

compare the address detail with the R/3 plant address.

use function module "BUPA_ADDRESS_CHANGE" to update the address.

hope this would help.

Please reward points for helpful answer.

cheers!!

Iftekhar Alam

Message was edited by:

iftekhar alam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I did try these options already and these only work if the plants are NEW , but does nothing to update the actual address once loaded. There must be another means (table even) to update the address details if changed in SAP. Appreciate your input but I am still at a loss as to how to proceed.

tx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi William,

Maybe you can try out this. I was unable since we are currently on standalone system.

BBP_LOCATIONS_GET_SELECTED - Transfer selected plants of a backend system as locations. (Try out this)

BBP_LOCATIONS_GET_FROM_SYSTEM - Transfer all plants of a backend system as locations.

Also, you may refer to - http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/18/db183d30805c59e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Regards,

Rajeshree