cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just a quick question.... This is really trivia but it is bugging me....

When you send an IDOC from R/3 to the integration engine... Lets say invoice01...

Well what happens if you have many scenario's wherthis IDOC is used as the Outbound Interface and hence have many different mappings and receivers etc....

Obviously any particular IDOC is meant for a specific Receiver or set of Receivers.

So lets say our US operations send an IDOC Invoice01 which is meant as a billing invoice for CVS. How would it know to send this to only CVS if Wallmart used the same invoice but just different information?

Or we use Invoice01 as the interface for both Invoices and CreditMemo's the mappings are nearly identical..... so XI wouldn't throw an eeror there.

Basically in all of the above situations how does XI deternmine who the receiver is if the Outbound interface is used in many different scenario's? Would you have to put conditions in each recevier determination? for every scenario?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALex,

If the same IDOC is sent from the same client, then you can ditinguish each of them only by the contents in that. For this purpose you can use XPath expressions or context objects in your receiver determination.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I also had same issue in my BPM... i worked on one BPM where an IDOC is Triggered in to the XI...and the issue araised in the 2 BPM where the same IDOC is Tiggered in to the XI there also...and you can genarate one Receiver Determinaiton only for particular IDOC in the Business system then you need to provide the CONDITIONS in the Receiver Determaination ... then It as worked fine...Conditons usually will be the EventID, Objectname, Objectype of that particular IDOC and depends on the Context of the Scenario

Amaresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys they were all really helpful answers.... I tried to give you all more points but for some reason I can't.....

They were my suspicions.... It makes sense that their should be some conditions in there.... However theoretically speaking wouldn't that mean that you will get a lot of messages fail... with error no receiver found?

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>>>>However theoretically speaking wouldn't that mean that you will get a lot of messages fail... with error no receiver found?</i>

Not really.. its depends on how you configure your conditions.

Regards,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi every one,

Is this not a typical case where a header mapping will be useful?

Header mapping is used when the values in the header are to be mapped to the values in payload.

Please clear me.

-Naveen.

former_member431549
Contributor
0 Kudos

In IE configuration under SXMB_ADM, you can set the RUNTIME parameter ERROR_ON_NO_RECV_FOUND to '0' to keep messages where no receiver could be determined from being considered as an error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

YEs put conditions in receiver determination.

You can route to particular system based on one or multiple filelds for eg. company code.

Thanks,

Tuhin

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use condition to define the receiver according to the content of the idoc.

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check out this blogs

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2005/08/03/xpath-to-show-the-path-multiple-receivers

/people/venkataramanan.parameswaran/blog/2006/03/17/illustration-of-enhanced-receiver-determination--sp16

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/a5f2066340332de10000000a11466f/content.htm

Regards,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

As well you can use extended receiver determination with an Interfacemapping to get your receivers based on the payload.

/people/venkataramanan.parameswaran/blog/2006/03/17/illustration-of-enhanced-receiver-determination--sp16

Regards,

Robin