cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

starting SAP GUI with specific Application e.g.FBV0

Former Member
0 Kudos

is it possible to start from a Webapplication an online session with a specific SAP Application e.g FBV0.

we have an application running on a windows based client an we are using Batch Input to send information from our application to SAP.

now we would like to redisign our application using webtechnology.

but as a standard the webapplication can't start standard SAP GUI.

anybody has experiance with that?

thanks for help

regards

felix

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Felix,

I don't have tried it yet, but I think it's possible with shortcuts. Try this:

Step 1:

Create a local file with following content

[System]
Name=XXX
Description=XXX [Your System ID]
Client=001
[User]
Name=
Language=EN
[Function]
Title=Post Parked Document: Initial Screen
Command=FBV0
[Configuration]
WorkDir=C:
[Options]
Reuse=1

Save this file with the extension ".sap'

Step 2:

Upload this file to the Mime-Directory

Step 3:

Create a link in your web page with the target to the the created mime.

Please give a little responso, whether it works (or not).

Best regards

Uwe

Edit: grrrr, Alex was quicker (1 min.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uwe,

good to see that we had the same idea.

Placing the shortcut in the mime repos didn't came to my mind until now. Nice one, just tried with a small simple application.

Worked without a problem, just had to try a little bit to get the correct path to the mime object.

Good one, maybe you should write a short weblog about launching SAP GUI transactions from WD ABAP applications.

Regards,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

in BSP-Environment I would create the file dynamicaly in my program and fill the response object.

I don't know, if in WDA there exists a response object. That's why I had the idea of the mime repository.

Weblog: I will think about it...

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uwe

Where can we find more information about the possible entries in the local file. Is there a manual available with the description of your step 1?

Thanks and regards

felix

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Felix,

if you have a SAP GUI available, go to the target Transaction and create a shortcut with the arrow icon (on the upper pushbutton row, left beside the question mark/Help Icon).

In the upcoming popup you can see all the possible values. Fill them out and the GUI creates such a file.

Regards

Uwe

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Alex,

I was able to save the transaction as a shortcut and also import it to MIME repository but i am unable to figure out on how

to add it to a UI element and call the transcation.

Can you please help me with the execution. I have also dropped in a mail , do reply back when free.

Thanks And Kind Regards,

Nischal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nischal,

once you have uploaded the file to the MIME cache of the WDA you could for example create a LinkToURL element. In the field reference put in the name of the component and the name of the uploadded file, e.g. z_application/link.sap

Make sure to start with the name of the component and not a '/' because if you start with a '/' the system will generate a URL based on the root directory ...

Regards,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help

we are going to try this.

i will come back to you next week whether we could make it.

regards

felix

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Felix,

I would say that depends on what exactly you want to achieve. You could create a shortcut on the client to a transaction and have a link in you application point to that shortcut. If the permissions in IE are sufficient that would start standard SAP GUI on the client and launch the application defined in the shortcut.

If you want to send data to SAP I think you should use other technologies e.g webservice via XI if you have that available...

Don't know if I got your problem...

Regards,

Alex